HiFiMan Susvara
Oct 7, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #4,831 of 25,434
Oct 8, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #4,833 of 25,434
yes :v susvara

Why don't I see any of hifiman's talking about this change on the home page
i guess because many retailers would still have 2.5mm models to sell

Oct 8, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #4,834 of 25,434
Beside 2.5 mm breaking easier is thier any other benefits of the 3.5 mm ?

maybe easier to find third party cable ?

Oct 8, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #4,835 of 25,434
Beside 2.5 mm breaking easier is thier any other benefits of the 3.5 mm ?

maybe easier to find third party cable ?

Hope this helps-

Hi there, we see some of you have been talking about the Susvara now coming with 3.5mm sockets on the headphone rather than 2.5mm. We can confirm this is true. However the reason for this is really quite simple and rather mundane. Its not for any exotic “ooooh it sounds better” reasons, it was just that since the entire rest of our line up had already been moved over to using 3.5mm sockets, it just makes life more simple in the factory if we don’t have to keep a separate stock of 2.5mm sockets just for the Susvara. That’s it. There was no down side to changing the connector and changing made life a little bit easier for the guys in the factory.

Oct 8, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #4,836 of 25,434
Oct 8, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #4,837 of 25,434
Hope this helps-
lol they should have gone with 3.5 mm since the beginning that way I can share the cable with my focal elear too lol
You can use thicker wires.
That would be nice I have a diy cable project with my friend but luckily I prefer light not too thick cable and my Susvara is the 2.5 mm version.

would putting (2x) 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter on cable to use the cable of Susvara with focal hp effect the sound quality? That way I can use 1 cable for both hp

Oct 9, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #4,838 of 25,434
lol they should have gone with 3.5 mm since the beginning that way I can share the cable with my focal elear too lol

That would be nice I have a diy cable project with my friend but luckily I prefer light not too thick cable and my Susvara is the 2.5 mm version.

would putting (2x) 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter on cable to use the cable of Susvara with focal hp effect the sound quality? That way I can use 1 cable for both hp

I absolutely believe that an adapter will affect the sound quality negatively. How much the adapter really degrades the sound depends on the quality of the adapter and how revealing your sound system is. After all, the best is no connectors at all and hard wired.

Oct 9, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #4,839 of 25,434
I have an Abyss Phi CC with Superconductor cable. I also have some adapters lying around for the SC cable to adapt the Abyss connectors to the hifiman 2.5mm from when I had the HEKv2. I am considering picking up a set of Susvara's. Has anyone tried the Superconductor cable on the Susvara? is it any good?

Oct 9, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #4,840 of 25,434
I have an Abyss Phi CC with Superconductor cable. I also have some adapters lying around for the SC cable to adapt the Abyss connectors to the hifiman 2.5mm from when I had the HEKv2. I am considering picking up a set of Susvara's. Has anyone tried the Superconductor cable on the Susvara? is it any good?
Yes, I bought the Affinity cable adaptor to use the superconductor on the Susvaras. The cable sounds good, but I actually prefer the Cardas Clear cables on the Susvaras. The SC are a clear and noticeable improvement from the stock cable, so you’ll be happy with the SC (the stock cable that comes with the Susvara is basically a throwaway). The Cardas Clear is like 1/3 the cost of the SC, as an added bonus.

For whatever reason, the Cardas Clear has better synergy with the Susvaras.

I also bought an adaptor for the other way, and the Cardas Clear with the TCs is not a good match. It appears that the SC is specifically tuned for the 1266 Phi

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #4,841 of 25,434
Great, thanks for your response. I thought that would be the case. The HEKv2, was somewhat improved by the SC cable but nowhere near the synergy the Abyss has with it. Cheers.

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #4,842 of 25,434
I have the DHC Prion 4 cable on my Susvara's and a DHC Complement 4 on my Abyss TC's. Both cables are outstanding in their own regards. I bought both of them used and they are probably the best cables I've heard. Both cables are very transparent and neither of them adds any coloration to the sound. They just enhance what's already great about each headphones and incredible synergy as well.

Oct 10, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #4,843 of 25,434
Are the Susvara bought in Chinese (come with Chinese booklet bought from retail in China) warranty transferable without the receipt)

I heard hifiman can check trace the headphone production unit no. So if the receipt is loss they will still cover the warranty. is it true?
Hifiman would not register my Susvara without a copy of the receipt from an authorized HifiMan distributor. The first receipt I sent them had a different name than the name they are registered with at HifiMan. This is the response I got back from HifiMan...

HifiMan said:
Thanks for your registration. However, we cannot process your registration since your product was not purchased from us or an authorized dealer.
HIFIMAN has built a global reputation by offering high performance products and outstanding customer service. Unfortunately, there are unauthorized sources offering HIFIMAN products for sale.
Here is what you need to know:

HIFIMAN cannot verify the origin, condition or even authenticity of the product purchased from unauthorized seller.
The product purchased from unauthorized seller will not come with standard warranty and any issues with that purchase would be between the buyer and that seller and would not have the support of HIFIMAN.
What you can do: protect your purchase by only buying from an authorized HIFIMAN dealer or from HIFIMAN directly. For a list of authorized dealers please visit http://www.hifiman.com/dealers, email customerservice@HIFIMAN.com or call (201) 443-4626.
Thank you so much for your cooperation.
Have a nice day!

Best Regards
HIFIMAN Team

Oct 11, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #4,844 of 25,434
Hifiman would not register my Susvara without a copy of the receipt from an authorized HifiMan distributor. The first receipt I sent them had a different name than the name they are registered with at HifiMan. This is the response I got back from HifiMan...

I find this hard to believe.
I bought from a fellow headfier a very expensive dap. No receipt.
But, when the time came (cannot turn on power) to maintain, they simply requested for an image of the micro etched serial number. Accepted! Was asked to bring to an authorised dealer, regardless of being bought from them or not.
Then i brought the device to their authorised dealer.
long story short, they did service and brought the device back to life, after almost a year.
If there's a serial number on them, that's enough.

I auditioned the awesome Susvaras powered by big @$s woo amps.
My personal reference for the most realistic hi-fi in a full size can...

Oct 11, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #4,845 of 25,434
I find this hard to believe.
If there's a serial number on them, that's enough.

My quote was copied and pasted from the HifiMan response saying that my warranty could not be registered. You say that is hard to believe and that a serial number on them was enough. Their response gave some of the reasons why they felt that the serial number (which I provided) was not enough, even if they turned out to be the genuine article. The problem, and it is a big one, is that you are not HifiMan and your thoughts do not inform their actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back