HiFiMan Susvara
Nov 26, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #12,571 of 25,547
I'd say let your ear be the judge if it is worth it. We give you 30 days to decide, if you don't think so you're out only shipping costs and bank/PayPal fee.
A small cost for 30 days of bliss! :wink:
Incidentally you do save 10% with the current Giving2021 sale.
Vinh Vu
I would never thought I would write something about a cable unless I heard it myself, yes your cable is a transformative experience with susvara, people who follow my posts they would know I am a very difficult person to impress, and ur cable impressed me alot

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #12,574 of 25,547
Hey, would welcome some advice. Finally getting round to purchasing a good enough amp to drive my Susvara’s. Options appear to be within £3500 max. Considering Sparkos Aries and the Benchmark AHB2. Anybody had experience of any or is there any other amps worth considering (solid state).

I tried the AHB2, and if you are after ultimate cleanliness that's a great option (too cold for my tastes, though).

Personally, the SS pairings I liked the most in the ballpark of 3.5k GBP (used) were Luxman 590 AX II and Pass Labs XA25.

Also the Moon 600i was a very good match.

Good luck with your hunting!

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #12,575 of 25,547

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #12,576 of 25,547
Installed the Eikon pads on my Susvara tonight. Interesting changes, will listen a bit more before giving impressions but I will update them here after I get a clear comparison. Initial impressions are that it has thickened up the sound possibly a bit too much for the Susvara.

Nov 27, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #12,579 of 25,547
Installed the Eikon pads on my Susvara tonight. Interesting changes, will listen a bit more before giving impressions but I will update them here after I get a clear comparison. Initial impressions are that it has thickened up the sound possibly a bit too much for the Susvara.
In case you would feel the pads are overall a good match but a little more air up top is needed, you can always remove the dust covers from the bottom of the pads. That would also maximize the overall resolution just like Audeze does it with LCD-R.

The great thing about Susvara is that it's driver + enclosure are so well tuned together that no acoustic obstacles between driver and your ear are needed...
Z9csK0Z.jpeg

... just need to find the rights pads for your tastes! Several people confirmed to me that Eikon Hybrids are the best match compared to several other pads but this is obviously always gonna be subjective in the end. :relaxed: Looking forward to your impressions!

Nov 27, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #12,580 of 25,547
The pad rollers are much braver than me. I would not want to mess with my stock pads as I love the current sound, plus I don't trust myself not to totally F-up the pad change. I remember breaking tabs when I was rolling pads on the HE-6 back in the days of yore.

To update Team Susvara on my 'journey', I've just paid for a brand new GS-X Mini with the DACT-CT24 volume option. I've pretty much read every opinion there is on Head Fi and in other forums regarding its conflicting capabilities with the Susvara. My expectations are not incredibly high. Plus I also had to balance the needs of the other headphones I own. If they bring out 80% of what the Susvaras can do while bringing out more than 90% from my Utopia, D8K Pro, Empy, LCD-4Z, LCD-3, HD800S, etc. I'll be a happy camper. The WA33 is what I want but the price in my country is ridiculous as it's full MSRP + Import Tax + VAT. Need to wait until next year for that and also to upgrade my source. In the meantime I'll be enjoying the music :L3000: will update you regarding my feelings against the A90/Singxer SA-1 (for those interested). I'm hoping it's a noticeable bump

*Also my brain keeps telling me I can use the Mini as a good pre-amp for the AHB2? Not sure if anyone has tested this theory but could be a cheaper way to power the Susvaras while also enjoying the Mini with my other headphones. I had not realized until recently how small and "affordable" the AHB2 was (well comparatively)

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #12,581 of 25,547
After seeing some video and written reviews and comments on forums, I just ordered a pair of these yesterday (11/23) to add to the headphone stable; looks like something I'd like a lot, and I never even wanted to try out earlier LCD's after reading about the weight.
I snagged a LCD-5 from the classified after watching Sajid's review as well as some other members positive take on the 5.

I am hoping the addition of the LCD-5 is a good hp to go with the Sus and P

Also ordered the ZMF Eikon pads for the Sus!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #12,582 of 25,547
I snagged a LCD-5 from the classified after watching Sajid's review as well as some other members positive take on the 5.

I am hoping the addition of the LCD-5 is a good hp to go with the Sus and P
Always interested in comparisons between the LCD-5 and thr Solitaire 2

Nov 27, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #12,583 of 25,547
So after changing pad to ZMF Auteur HS (Hybrid Lamb/Suede Un-Perforated), I will never complain about lack of slam on Susvara like ever...

202111271911515.jpg
202111271911516.jpg

Just buy a ZMF pad and super cheap Hifiman He OE pad (for the plastic bracket)

202111271911510.jpg

202111271911511.jpg

202111271911512.jpg

202111271911513.jpg

Big dynamic improvement as well as more depth while retaining the sound with original pad. It took me almost an hour to figure it out, but highly recommended.

202111271911514.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #12,584 of 25,547
Based on my experience with Auteur pads (e.g Auteur perf and non-perf leather vs Eikon perf leather and hybrid), Auteur Hybrids would be very similar to Eikon Hybrids on Susvara - just with a bit less emphasis on fullness and a bit more emphasis on space. In other words, the shape of Auteur pads typically brings a little bit of a "HD800-like" flavour in upper mid to low treble incl. some emphasis on 5-6kHz region.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #12,585 of 25,547
Hahaha... never ask what amp to use with Susvara here. :relaxed: :rolling_eyes:
Just use the Hifiman EF1000....job done...no more amp searching......no more wondering what if.....no more upgrade thinking......just sit back and enjoy the music unfold and massage your ears and brain with a smile on your face knowing this is what the Susvara's are supposed to sound like....THE END

Users who are viewing this thread

Back