HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 23, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #11,386 of 13,894

nwavesailor

Headphoneus Supremus
The susvara thread has become more of a 'WHAT amp do I need to optimize the susvara?' for many months.
I am a big fan of the susvara and knew it was special from the first day. I am happy with the TT2 and BB tube amp and I am not looking for a speaker amp. I can understand those looking for more, just not me at least right now.

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #11,388 of 13,894

ra990

Headphoneus Supremus
What does the susvara offer over other top tier headphones? Is it worth getting if I have a sr1a and (hopefully soon) a 1266tc?
It's a great all rounder that does everything well and nothing wrong (other than the amp requirements). It's also possibly the most comfortable top tier headphone. Abyss, Susvara, and the SR1a are very good complimentary headphones, but if I had to only pick one headphone, it would be the Susvara.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #11,389 of 13,894

ray1

New Head-Fier
It's a great all rounder that does everything well and nothing wrong (other than the amp requirements). It's also possibly the most comfortable top tier headphone. Abyss, Susvara, and the SR1a are very good complimentary headphones, but if I had to only pick one headphone, it would be the Susvara.
Wow that's high praise. I'm currently running a yggy + hsa1b, do you think that stack is suitable for the sus?/I'm worried the yggy might be bottlenecking the chain. Definitely interested in trying it, but was wondering what dac I should upgrade to

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #11,390 of 13,894

MikeLa

100+ Head-Fier
Congrats!
I think you are the very first writing about the Ferrums paired with the Sus.
Mine are arriving latest tomorrow but I won't find time listening before tomorrow night.
Would you please keep the Ferrum / Susvara impressions coming? I'm trying to decide between the Volot, Ferrum combo, or the Soloist 3x GT. I'm currently using an FA10 and assume the Volot and 3XGT will be of the same signature but more. But I don't know if the Ferrum sits closer to the AHB2 THX-AAA side or the Flux/Soloist Class-A side.

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #11,391 of 13,894

FooFighter

Headphoneus Supremus
Would you please keep the Ferrum / Susvara impressions coming? I'm trying to decide between the Volot, Ferrum combo, or the Soloist 3x GT. I'm currently using an FA10 and assume the Volot and 3XGT will be of the same signature but more. But I don't know if the Ferrum sits closer to the AHB2 THX-AAA side or the Flux/Soloist Class-A side.
Sure, can only compare vs Flux later.
Guess it's though also a matter of source synergy., so using different DACs can make a difference too...

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #11,393 of 13,894

FooFighter

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm using an RME ADI-2 FS.
Yep, so Imho your RME is more neutral, analytical but you are lucky with the built-in Equalizer.
Am sometimes regretting that I don't have it anymore as it's a wonderful thought-through device with details like configurable loudness for low volume listening and headphone-insert-noise protection which I haven't seen in any other device.

The actual point I wanted to raise is that amp impressions will vary depending on DAC synergies and are therefore not 100% comparable if not comparing the same chain.
We could now go deeper into cabling but the hardware is the more obvious factor imho...

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #11,395 of 13,894

Pashmeister

100+ Head-Fier
Yep, but my preference is the ever so slightly warm side of neutral and of course the Susvara tonality :)
The OG Burson Timekeeper is on the slightly warm side of neutral which I also really like with the Sus. That’s what made me decide to pre-order the Soloist GT. Deep class A dual mono is attractive and if the GT will also be towards the warm side of neutral, I hope that it will be right up my alley and a good match to the TT2.

I just don’t have the space for the giant Volot unfortunately. It was honestly just a blind toss up between Ferrum stack and Soloist GT for me. I picked the GT because of my pleasant experience with Burson Tkeeper and because it’s silver. It will look prettier with the rest of my stuff (it matters to me lol)

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #11,396 of 13,894

FooFighter

Headphoneus Supremus
For me it's actually vice versa.
No space on my desk, my source is yet a tad warm plus black in color - therefore the Ferrums might be more on my alley.
Plus I can send them back if I don't like them which is really nice without hassle of reselling.
Soon I will know more...

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #11,397 of 13,894

newtseverywhere

New Head-Fier
OK, so I joined earlier after trying to get info about the Empyreans, then learned about the Elite, then got drawn into looking into Susvaras.
After finding a good dealer, I got my own Susvaras + Roksan K3 INT earlier today, and will hopefully get my speaker tap in a few days. Thank you to everyone who answered my questions (although I did end up spending quite a lot more than I intended a month ago!).

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #11,398 of 13,894

lumdicks

500+ Head-Fier
OK, so I joined earlier after trying to get info about the Empyreans, then learned about the Elite, then got drawn into looking into Susvaras.
After finding a good dealer, I got my own Susvaras + Roksan K3 INT earlier today, and will hopefully get my speaker tap in a few days. Thank you to everyone who answered my questions (although I did end up spending quite a lot more than I intended a month ago!).
Believe me, it is worthwhile.

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #11,399 of 13,894

ThanatosVI

Headphoneus Supremus
That's a normal process, probably most of us ended up spending more thsn they initially intended to

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #11,400 of 13,894

aaf evo

Headphoneus Supremus
Susvara out for delivery. Hopefully the 3Max has enough juice to at least make them squeak 😂 waiting for CanJam impressions on the ferrum stack and the Enleum 23-R before I move any further.

Users who are viewing this thread