HiFiMan Susvara
Apr 30, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #8,341 of 24,891
Easily a first round knock out

will not take long imho
Well, my V281 says he is too civilized and cultured to take part in any UFC brawls, so please mind your rhetoric :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

tufpennedgar600.gif

He is a charmer and pleaser, not a fighter:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

Apr 30, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #8,342 of 24,891
OMG, every thread today is full of questions that are literally answered every other page. SMH

Just search people, come on!

Apr 30, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #8,343 of 24,891
There is no better headphone out there Susvara is KING! Utopia to narrow metallic. Abyss TC recessed mids. LCD-4 no highs.
This is the only TOTL headphones without flaws! Beats even my reference for years the SR007 MK2 bass port mod + KGSSHv Carbon.
Great with V281 and even with my Shanling M8 amazing!
Tsk. If you don't want to scale the TC notably with a great tube amp, then you should have leveled your 007 with the DIY T2. These pairings are what the Susvara strived to be but couldn't quite reach. A more attainable realm also was the HE90 and Megatron. Still think the 007 matched better.

Apr 30, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #8,344 of 24,891
Tsk. If you don't want to scale the TC notably with a great tube amp, then you should have leveled your 007 with the DIY T2. These pairings are what the Susvara strived to be but couldn't quite reach. A more attainable realm also was the HE90 and Megatron. Still think the 007 matched better.
Technically the sr009 is already better then 007. Susvara is level above 007 on par with 009 but better tonality. No amp will change the technicalities so far.
And the TC is a case for EQing no thanks.

Never understand that you sold T2 + 009 and went the way to the TC with such a lot flaws in frequency.
But yeah it's a fun headphone but could never be for me the main headphone.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #8,345 of 24,891
Technically the sr009 is already better then 007. Susvara is level above 007 on par with 009 but better tonality. No amp will change the technicalities so far.

Never understand that you sold T2 + 009 and went the way to the TC with such a lot flaws in frequency.
Yes, technically the lines are too far apart but the tonality isn't a inconsequential matter.

I sold the T2/009 and went Martin Logan Neolith electrostat speakers. However, during this pandemic I've come back to headphones and am comfortably served with the Primavera and TC (for some corrective measure) and CFA3 TC which is my actual preferred pairing and Uberamp and SR1a. From headphones, to earspeakers, to reference speakers, I'm set.

Apr 30, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #8,346 of 24,891

I think you made a good point here. The Abyss is a FUN headphone. I put it on when I want a lively and fun listening experience. I listen to the Susvara when I want to sink into the music and it's musicality or timbre is unmatched for me.

Apr 30, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #8,347 of 24,891
OMG, every thread today is full of questions that are literally answered every other page. SMH

Just search people, come on!
when i saw your post I thought I might have been in the utopia thread - i had to check

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #8,349 of 24,891
A few years i demoed the susvara with 430had. Transparency is the description. Very transparent.
no issue with treble.
i never demoed the hekse with the moon dac amp.

my views are in many previous posts so in summary

i own the hekse and susvara.
the hekse is a fantastic hp driven well by anything and scales up.
the susvara is even better but must be
driven well and can sound very magical or you’ll be short changed.

though some are critical of the moon amp and may call it as lacking dynamics, if you are enjoying it then the susvara will have another level of transparency/naturalness above the hekse

Another way to put it: my hekse is up for sale. After owning the susvara for 4 months i have accepted the fact that i keep reaching for the susvara over the hekse, essentially, everytime that i am at my headphone desktop setup.

if i was wanting to hear more music when i was sitting on my couch, eg out of my iphone or iPad then i would keep the hekse and would not grab any other open headphone
thecrow, thank you. This really helps "though some are critical of the moon amp and may call it as lacking dynamics, if you are enjoying it then the susvara will have another level of transparency/naturalness above the hekse ". You've put my mind at ease the 430HA has enough power to drive the Susvara's. I've been out of the hobby for a while and I'm not current on all the new products. With the 430HA's power output, I wasn't sure why I didn't see more 430HA + Susvara matches. I do enjoy the 430HA with the HE1000se. When the RME arrived I did a quick, informal A/B between the RME amp section and the 430HA. My old ears didn't pick up much difference if any. But I'm sure an objective comparison would identify a delta between the two. I know the RME had good numbers on AudioScienceReview (another new discovery for me). I gotta go and pull the trigger.

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #8,350 of 24,891
Can you be a fan of AudioScienceReview and own Susvara's? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Those boys would eat you for breakfast if they knew you spent more than $600 on any headphone.

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #8,351 of 24,891
audiosciencereview exists basically to tell people that spending more than a couple of hundred dollars on any gear is insane thus they are useless...I have actually looked at the site once or twice and as soon as new gear is announced the first comments are to mock the price and insult anyone who buys it...waste of time

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #8,352 of 24,891
I don't know much about the forums on AudioScienceReviews. I've spent my time reading and watching Amir's reviews. I've seen him praise a device that measures well and is well priced, but I haven't yet seen a review where he is not recommending based only on a high price tag. Grant it, I've only read a small number of his reviews, and most of those are electronics, not headphones (only the K371 and HE-6). He does have a bias for the Harman Curve, as I do.

I think he's just started reviewing headphones. Here's his current recommend list EQ'd and no EQ.

1619840546598.png

Here's his not recommend list.

1619840689773.png

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #8,353 of 24,891
I don't know much about the forums on AudioScienceReviews. I've spent my time reading and watching Amir's reviews. I've seen him praise a device that measures well and is well priced, but I haven't yet seen a review where he is not recommending based only on a high price tag. Grant it, I've only read a small number of his reviews, and most of those are electronics, not headphones (only the K371 and HE-6). He does have a bias for the Harman Curve, as I do.

I think he's just started reviewing headphones. Here's his current recommend list EQ'd and no EQ.

1619840546598.png

Here's his not recommend list.

1619840689773.png
I bet test tones sound amazing through his list of recommended headphones!

May 1, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #8,355 of 24,891
Can you be a fan of AudioScienceReview and own Susvara's? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Those boys would eat you for breakfast if they knew you spent more than $600 on any headphone.
I'm convinced that the grouchy old men over there have severe hearing loss and that they judge gear with their eyes (looking at measurement charts) and, obviously, not their tone-deaf ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back