HiFiMan Susvara
Oct 9, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #4,846 of 13,879

Articnoise

Headphoneus Supremus
lol they should have gone with 3.5 mm since the beginning that way I can share the cable with my focal elear too lol

That would be nice I have a diy cable project with my friend but luckily I prefer light not too thick cable and my Susvara is the 2.5 mm version.

would putting (2x) 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter on cable to use the cable of Susvara with focal hp effect the sound quality? That way I can use 1 cable for both hp

I absolutely believe that an adapter will affect the sound quality negatively. How much the adapter really degrades the sound depends on the quality of the adapter and how revealing your sound system is. After all, the best is no connectors at all and hard wired.

Oct 9, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #4,847 of 13,879

nogi replicant

100+ Head-Fier
I have an Abyss Phi CC with Superconductor cable. I also have some adapters lying around for the SC cable to adapt the Abyss connectors to the hifiman 2.5mm from when I had the HEKv2. I am considering picking up a set of Susvara's. Has anyone tried the Superconductor cable on the Susvara? is it any good?

Oct 9, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #4,848 of 13,879

Ciggavelli

Headphoneus Supremus
I have an Abyss Phi CC with Superconductor cable. I also have some adapters lying around for the SC cable to adapt the Abyss connectors to the hifiman 2.5mm from when I had the HEKv2. I am considering picking up a set of Susvara's. Has anyone tried the Superconductor cable on the Susvara? is it any good?
Yes, I bought the Affinity cable adaptor to use the superconductor on the Susvaras. The cable sounds good, but I actually prefer the Cardas Clear cables on the Susvaras. The SC are a clear and noticeable improvement from the stock cable, so you’ll be happy with the SC (the stock cable that comes with the Susvara is basically a throwaway). The Cardas Clear is like 1/3 the cost of the SC, as an added bonus.

For whatever reason, the Cardas Clear has better synergy with the Susvaras.

I also bought an adaptor for the other way, and the Cardas Clear with the TCs is not a good match. It appears that the SC is specifically tuned for the 1266 Phi

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #4,849 of 13,879

nogi replicant

100+ Head-Fier
Great, thanks for your response. I thought that would be the case. The HEKv2, was somewhat improved by the SC cable but nowhere near the synergy the Abyss has with it. Cheers.

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #4,850 of 13,879

Slim1970

Headphoneus Supremus
I have the DHC Prion 4 cable on my Susvara's and a DHC Complement 4 on my Abyss TC's. Both cables are outstanding in their own regards. I bought both of them used and they are probably the best cables I've heard. Both cables are very transparent and neither of them adds any coloration to the sound. They just enhance what's already great about each headphones and incredible synergy as well.

Oct 10, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #4,851 of 13,879

beemerphile

100+ Head-Fier
Are the Susvara bought in Chinese (come with Chinese booklet bought from retail in China) warranty transferable without the receipt)

I heard hifiman can check trace the headphone production unit no. So if the receipt is loss they will still cover the warranty. is it true?
Hifiman would not register my Susvara without a copy of the receipt from an authorized HifiMan distributor. The first receipt I sent them had a different name than the name they are registered with at HifiMan. This is the response I got back from HifiMan...

HifiMan said:
Thanks for your registration. However, we cannot process your registration since your product was not purchased from us or an authorized dealer.
HIFIMAN has built a global reputation by offering high performance products and outstanding customer service. Unfortunately, there are unauthorized sources offering HIFIMAN products for sale.
Here is what you need to know:

HIFIMAN cannot verify the origin, condition or even authenticity of the product purchased from unauthorized seller.
The product purchased from unauthorized seller will not come with standard warranty and any issues with that purchase would be between the buyer and that seller and would not have the support of HIFIMAN.
What you can do: protect your purchase by only buying from an authorized HIFIMAN dealer or from HIFIMAN directly. For a list of authorized dealers please visit http://www.hifiman.com/dealers, email customerservice@HIFIMAN.com or call (201) 443-4626.
Thank you so much for your cooperation.
Have a nice day!

Best Regards
HIFIMAN Team

Oct 11, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #4,852 of 13,879

ehjie

Headphoneus Supremus
Hifiman would not register my Susvara without a copy of the receipt from an authorized HifiMan distributor. The first receipt I sent them had a different name than the name they are registered with at HifiMan. This is the response I got back from HifiMan...

I find this hard to believe.
I bought from a fellow headfier a very expensive dap. No receipt.
But, when the time came (cannot turn on power) to maintain, they simply requested for an image of the micro etched serial number. Accepted! Was asked to bring to an authorised dealer, regardless of being bought from them or not.
Then i brought the device to their authorised dealer.
long story short, they did service and brought the device back to life, after almost a year.
If there's a serial number on them, that's enough.

I auditioned the awesome Susvaras powered by big @$s woo amps.
My personal reference for the most realistic hi-fi in a full size can...

Oct 11, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #4,853 of 13,879

beemerphile

100+ Head-Fier
I find this hard to believe.
If there's a serial number on them, that's enough.

My quote was copied and pasted from the HifiMan response saying that my warranty could not be registered. You say that is hard to believe and that a serial number on them was enough. Their response gave some of the reasons why they felt that the serial number (which I provided) was not enough, even if they turned out to be the genuine article. The problem, and it is a big one, is that you are not HifiMan and your thoughts do not inform their actions.

Oct 11, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #4,854 of 13,879

ehjie

Headphoneus Supremus
My quote was copied and pasted from the HifiMan response saying that my warranty could not be registered. You say that is hard to believe and that a serial number on them was enough. Their response gave some of the reasons why they felt that the serial number (which I provided) was not enough, even if they turned out to be the genuine article. The problem, and it is a big one, is that you are not HifiMan and your thoughts do not inform their actions.
Their requirements are a lot more stringent...

Oct 11, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #4,856 of 13,879

ehjie

Headphoneus Supremus
I got in touch w/ the local authorised hifiman reseller, they can evaluate the unit and verify whatever info they require.
You could call your nearest authorised hifiman seller and schedule an appointment to have that sorted out...

So then, your comments were not about a HifiMan product? The question was raised in a Susvara thread, in reference to the purchase of a Susvara out of channel.
I'm talking about the hifiman product...

Oct 11, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #4,857 of 13,879

beemerphile

100+ Head-Fier
I got in touch w/ the local authorised hifiman reseller, they can evaluate the unit and verify whatever info they require.
You could call your nearest authorised hifiman seller and schedule an appointment to have that sorted out...
Only if this statement directly from HifiMan regarding my Susvara is incorrect... "The product purchased from unauthorized seller will not come with standard warranty and any issues with that purchase would be between the buyer and that seller and would not have the support of HIFIMAN. What you can do: protect your purchase by only buying from an authorized HIFIMAN dealer or from HIFIMAN directly."

All I have to do, now that I know that HifiMan gave me incorrect guidance, is to walk into an authorized dealer's business and convince him to take the time to sort out the problem that I have with a product that I bought elsewhere for less.

Oct 13, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #4,858 of 13,879

Roasty

Headphoneus Supremus
U guys ever get spooked when listening with the susvara? Sometimes there is something like a door opening or plate dropping on the floor on the music track and damn it sounds so real and the imaging/placement is so good, I actually turn my head to look lol. I did it once when my wife was next to me and she thought I was losing it.

Oct 13, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #4,859 of 13,879

beemerphile

100+ Head-Fier
My Susvara rig is finally perfected. I went with simple from front to end.

Purpose built Roon streamer (Metrum Ambre); i2s connection to a non-oversampling DAC (Sonnet Morpheus); balanced XLR to a class A power amp (First Watt J2).

I am way beyond pleased with it...

headfi%2020201013-L.jpg

Oct 13, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #4,860 of 13,879

paradoxper

Headphoneus Supremus
My Susvara rig is finally perfected. I went with simple from front to end.

Purpose built Roon streamer (Metrum Ambre); i2s connection to a non-oversampling DAC (Sonnet Morpheus); balanced XLR to a class A power amp (First Watt J2).

I am way beyond pleased with it...

headfi%2020201013-L.jpg
As you should be!

Users who are viewing this thread