HiFiMan Susvara
Aug 13, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #1,576 of 25,441
Ha ha, sometimes I wish I could graft a Lazuli Ref cable to my 009...

Since that headphone is so ridiculously transparent (with an amp like a KGSSHV Carbon, other changes in the audio chain are so much more obvious than with any non-electrostatic headphone setup), I would be curious what kind of improvements can be made from the cable. It is supposedly a very high quality cable already, but not the end all be all I'd assume.

Something really appealing about the MrSpeakers VOCE is its detachable cable. Not sure if there's a technical reason why Stax cables are not removable.

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #1,578 of 25,441
Since that headphone is so ridiculously transparent (with an amp like a KGSSHV Carbon, other changes in the audio chain are so much more obvious than with any non-electrostatic headphone setup), I would be curious what kind of improvements can be made from the cable. It is supposedly a very high quality cable already, but not the end all be all I'd assume.

Something really appealing about the MrSpeakers VOCE is its detachable cable. Not sure if there's a technical reason why Stax cables are not removable.

Stax 1993 Omega cables was removable. Its most likely of the high voltage it not removable. Or similar reasoning

2018-03-18_08-56-48-IMGP5629.jpg

All bow down to 1993 OMEGA!

Dont make the Omega °B° slap the VOCE now!!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #1,579 of 25,441

Maybe because Stax saw no need for cable upgrade whatsoever? From SQ standpoint, I also prefer hardwiring.

With dynamic/planar cans, we have a choice of balance or SE connections. But there is only 1 choice for Stax earspeakers.

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #1,580 of 25,441
[QUOTE = "gordec, post: 14418780, member: 42085"] Avez-vous joué avec les modes Solid State, Tube et Tube +. Au début, j’avais l’impression que l’état solide était le meilleur, maintenant, Tube + gagne du terrain. Je trouve que le tube + a les meilleures voix mais ne sacrifie pas beaucoup de la clarté et du détail. [/ QUOTE]
A few things off topic, so sorry in advance, but relevant to any top HP system.

Noise from the mains is the first problem to any high end setup IMO. That feeds straight into our beloved and highly sensitive gear. Many don't believe, but most have noticed a 2am sweet spot, that time to go to bed, but the system is totally on song. That IMO is dirty mains, and at the quiet periods of local demands, is less if any negative effect. Try switching off the fridge and other stuff for even more. A power regenerator can give you that 2am sound 24/7, and some. Never going back to open mains.

DACs also make another huge difference, and probably why many hear different things? Or a big part of that reason possibly. Then system synergy. I wouldn't pair a known bright DAC with the 009 for example. Esoteric comes to mind.

And then software, the server, power supplies to that (LPS or switching) decent interconnects, it goes on. It is part of the fun of this hobby, and can get complicated / expensive / obsessive.

Funny, rewind 25 years my older buddies at that time had decent turntable setups, and they talked a lot about records, buying vinyl, live versions etc. I wonder if that has diminished, and we are all obsessed with the gear more? I am guilty of it I admit. The space I am in now is moving to searching more new tunes, less about the gear. I love talking about this stuff mind, can't see that changing LOL.
Hello,

can be off topic but real subject and very interesting to which we should give more credibility, is that on a luxury car we would refuel with a poor quality fuel, performance would be affected,

the sector is the same thing, from one place of residence to another we can have two different listening, the impedance could not be the same, as the voltage difference, not to mention the quality of the wall outlets that are ferrous alloy compounds of very poor quality, and causes losses on the connections,

personally I took the power sector seriously for several years, pulling a cable to the meter, and connecting a double conversion inverter, it allows to adjust the voltage to +/- 1% of variation, the difference is a better fluidity of the music,

the material I use is found in supermarkets to protect cash registers that are very sensitive to changes in current, moreover in case of power failure I am protected from the fact that I listen on battery,

and in France we see more and more professionals of the Hifi, take the food sector in the first degree,

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #1,581 of 25,441
I would suggest testing with an iPhone or iPad as Roon endpoint.
My ultraRendu and LPS have been disconnected since I have tried it...

Some say the iPhone X is better (maybe due to the Oled screen?...)...

So you are putting your music on iPhone X or just streaming Tidal? What's your chain like? I'm highly interested in Ultrarendu actually.

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #1,583 of 25,441
This only makes sense for Roon users. If you don’t have Roon then please ignore my suggestion.

Would you mind to tell us your source chain setup? Do you connect your server straight to DAC?

Aug 14, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #1,584 of 25,441
Would you mind to tell us your source chain setup? Do you connect your server straight to DAC?

A laptop with Roon Core, with locally stored files, and Tidal access, connected via WiFi to router, streams to the iPad (via WiFi) which has the Roon app installed, and acts as the Roon endpoint.
Via a Apple CCK (Lightning to USB) interface, and an Audioquest Jitterbug, it is connected to a short USB A to B cable that connects to the USB input of the Dac.

Aug 14, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #1,585 of 25,441
A laptop with Roon Core, with locally stored files, and Tidal access, connected via WiFi to router, streams to the iPad (via WiFi) which has the Roon app installed, and acts as the Roon endpoint.
Via a Apple CCK (Lightning to USB) interface, and an Audioquest Jitterbug, it is connected to a short USB A to B cable that connects to the USB input of the Dac.

Is that true you prefer this setup to ultrarendu? If so, it saves people tons of cash. :gs1000smile:

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #1,587 of 25,441
SR-009, Susvara and Utopia :ksc75smile:

20180815_170153.jpg

Attachments

• 20180815_170153.jpg
    20180815_170153.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 0
Aug 15, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #1,589 of 25,441
SR-009, Susvara and Utopia :ksc75smile:

20180815_170153.jpg

Nice collection there. But I spot a double space between Planar •• Magnetic. Can't they get that right, as well as the pants cable. Rant over, the Susvara sounded good at Can-Jam London.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back