1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Edric Li, Dec 22, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last
  1. twister6 Contributor
    So, you are saying you had Mike kidnapped and hidden away, just for that? :p

2. marcusd
    knock.. knock... :D

3. David Kleinfeld
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    lithiumnk likes this.
  4. twister6 Contributor
    Is this a showcase of R2R DAC based DAPs? :wink: Planning to update it with LP6 Ti too? :wink:

David Kleinfeld likes this.
  5. David Kleinfeld
    I am not a fan of LP6 Ti design but until I try and know how it sounds it's difficult to say. One thing that R2RK and Tera Player demonstrate quite well in my view is that the sq does not necessarily comes from incredible specs on the paper. That's said if any one know where it is possible to try LP6 Ti in Hong Kong please let me know :)

6. twister6 Contributor
    Don't think it's released yet or available anywhere for audition. But the last time I heard it will feature 4x R2R (Analog Devices) DACs and custom Intel FPGA, and the price tag of over $6k USD. At $1k Red looks quite appealing :wink:

7. audionewbi
    The LP6 is all about the FPGA they use, it is one large courier!

@marcusd Can you please share your thoughts on how its pair with CF equinox please.

8. marcusd
    Which source Hifiman?cause the lp6 I don't have.

9. audionewbi
    Yes please, HFM, my apologies for the vagueness.

10. David Kleinfeld
    Hi All a quick tip for those who are using the clear TPU case. Do try to modify your case to remove the part which covers the button on the right side of the device.

See the illustration below :

[​IMG]

If you do not do that, and this is just my opinion but based on what i have seen on others devices, it will likely damage the button and you may have to send back your device for repair . The issue is likely to come from the fact the case is to tight, unless i am mistaken it can create a vacuum effect under the button and could damage its mechanism (most likely based on a spring). I already included this info on my previous post which I edit quite some time ago in relation to this but I can see others people using unmodified cases so I thought it was maybe worth sharing again.

Added bonus you can also punch two holes at the bottom of the case to use a wrist strap (those from Sony cost about 3 dollars per piece).

[​IMG]

Last but not the least, how to do it i.e. how to remove the cover button and punch the holes at the bottom. I had someone doing it for me at a shop were they sell phone cases. Indeed you need a tool to punch hole in leather such as https://www.amazon.com/SE-7924LP-Heavy-Duty-Revolving-Leather/dp/B000NK5VY2. Then for the side button cover, you punch the two extremities of the button cover and you can clean the excess using a cutter or again using the same tool to remove the middle part. The same tool can help to use punch bottom holes for the wrist strap. Note that the tool which was used on my case is not exactly the same shape as noted on the link above and that might impact how it works for you so you may want to think about finding the right tool for you, but you get the idea...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  11. twister6 Contributor
    Is this clear tpu case by Benks or Easecase own mold? Cause easecase selling it on eBay for $28 and claims it's their own mold, comes with tempered glass, open back, and both wrist and neck straps. Will probably get it.

12. David Kleinfeld
    Hello, not sure how you know it is easecase on ebay. doesnt show on mine but yes it is the same pictures as the original seller from which i bought on taobao except mine did not come with the straps.

13. jmills8
    Right sound , MK

14. jmills8
    Its very light , very thin .

15. AlexRv
    I’ve bought on Ali from Easecase for 28$. Very nice case. The main problem is tactile feedback with power button. But just be gentle with it.

First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last