HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"
Sep 15, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #871 of 1,984
no display, wav only playback, 10 ohm output impedance, and it cost almost $3.5k?
I’ve bought it when the price was about 600euro and sold it after half a year. The sound was very good, not best, but the usability was very awful.

Sep 16, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #873 of 1,984
49537F2C-6C31-4701-8044-64A15D18D25E.jpeg Very tiny transport+dac

Sep 19, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #875 of 1,984
How many hours can the Hifiman R2R Red play in hifi mode (old and new firmware) ? I just sold the R2R red , the buyer just ask how long does the battery last, he gets only 4.5 hours from the player ? ฺBy the way, right now he still uses the old firmware , I think, because there is still ecomode to be selected. Thank in advance.

(I just searched the thread to find information about batttery life , some say it can play up to 7.5 hours in hifimode , some says that it can play only around 4-5 hours.)

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #876 of 1,984
How many hours can the Hifiman R2R Red play in hifi mode (old and new firmware) ? I just sold the R2R red , the buyer just ask how long does the battery last, he gets only 4.5 hours from the player ? ฺBy the way, right now he still uses the old firmware , I think, because there is still ecomode to be selected. Thank in advance.

(I just searched the thread to find information about batttery life , some say it can play up to 7.5 hours in hifimode , some says that it can play only around 4-5 hours.)
I've got about 6 hours in hifimode on the last firmware. By the way new firmware also has ecomode.

Sep 19, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #878 of 1,984
How much longer online time eco would get you?

I see a lot of iFi activity in this thread :D Are you guys working on your own DAP or something? :wink:

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #880 of 1,984
I see a lot of iFi activity in this thread :D Are you guys working on your own DAP or something? :wink:

Nope, sorry! We're participating in threads which interest us also as hobbyists, and that DAP by Hifiman? We still remember the oldie HM-801, that's why we're here!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 20, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #881 of 1,984
Hello everyone,

I found 1 major problem with r2r2k black. It's about r2r batteries run out.
I left my r2r2k in the room with a full battery for about 1 week after coming back. I tried to turn on r2r2k. However, it looks like the r2r battery is dead.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Sep 21, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #884 of 1,984
Hello everyone,

I found 1 major problem with r2r2k black. It's about r2r batteries run out.
I left my r2r2k in the room with a full battery for about 1 week after coming back. I tried to turn on r2r2k. However, it looks like the r2r battery is dead.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

I’ll use mine several times a week and then take a 1-2 week break with it off, and the battery has gone down a little but is never dead. Have had the R2R2000 for almost a year now with no issues.

It’s been fantastic sounding too. I love the smaller compact size vs my HM-901 or my previous HM-801. Sound wise I like it the most, but they’re all good. I gave the HM-801 to a prominent head-fier who had his stolen a few years back - Fang told me back then that I should have kept it since it’s irreplaceable. But I think he would now agree that the R2R2K did in fact work as a suitable replacement.

I’m going to get to try it with the HD800s via 4.4mm jack this weekend. So looking forward to it. If it doesn’t drive them well, it certainly has no trouble driving my HE-1000SE, so no loss for me.

Also, has anyone tried playing music from Amarra Luxe into the R2r2k via USB on a Mac? Are people back to using iTunes on Mac, or sticking with Tidal and Amarra like I saw in previous years?

Sep 21, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #885 of 1,984
I'm looking forward to Amazon HD, I will be using my phone as a source for R2R2K. I found R2R2K to sounds its best when it is acting as a USB DAC.

For me R2R2K has been the fire that killed the flame of endless gear purchases. I finally found that sound I've been after, it has been the unit that I test other gears.

I don't know what HFM is going to do for its next DAP release now that arguably all the PCM1704 is used up (or has it?).

I'm in process of saving for LP6 Gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back