1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Edric Li, Dec 22, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55
Next

Last
  1. dhc0329
    I had mine sent in for repair before and they sent me a new device right away. If they have the device, I am sure they will ship one soon.

quantumrush and David Kleinfeld like this.
  2. David Kleinfeld
    Thanks I hope so too. I also believe my previous issue with the 901s was just an oversight on their part but let see what happen for this one.

3. bflat
    FYI, if your ordered the Red, it will ship from China directly via DHL so could take a while. Mine has not shipped yet and I ordered the day it was announced. Got my $6 IEM case though LOL.

4. bflat
    I regretfully will not be able to test anything with the R2R2000 any time soon. I have been asking HFM support since 7/19 on shipping status. While they have been responsive, even thru the weekend, the DHL tracking number they gave me is not showing up on the DHL website. Additionally, all my past experiences with DHL is that I get an immediate email and text when a shipment is on the way. This has not happened either.

It will take some time to unravel what's going on. Maybe their China hub is in Hong Kong? I can understand the delays if that's the case. Hopefully for others, my problems are an anomaly.

5. Ithilstone
    I once waited 3 weeks for an update on a DHL web page - once it kicked in it showed that parcel left Hifiman as stated and spent 3 weeks doing nothing at some kind of customs at HK
    once it left HK it got to UK in 48h

Fingers crossed you will get it soon

6. bflat
    Anything is possible at this point, but I do frequently purchase from HK and usually receive via DHL. I have never had a package show up later than 3 business (to CA) days since there is free trade between HK and US so no customs. Same with Singapore and US.

If HK is the point of departure for HFM, then I think current rioting and near civil war happening in HK will definitely impact business. I hope this all gets peacefully resolved soon for the sake of the HK citizens.

7. TeamHiFiMAN
    Hi there,

Apologise for letting you wait, I just PMed you about the details,please kindly check and we will help you to confirm the shipping status.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
  8. Khronos
    As ridiculous as this sounds, I wonder how this thing would hold against say, Hugo2 or Mojo.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  9. audionewbi
    dhc0329 and David Kleinfeld like this.
  10. David Kleinfeld
    Few images from the vendor of the new case which i have ordered but not yet received , seems the back is not really protected but should be able to find a glass cover for the back or to have one made if needed.

Let's see what the actual product will look like and i will post live pics when i receive it but seems promising so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    noplsestar and dhc0329 like this.
  11. bflat
    For a one piece TPU case, it appears the design with the open back is the only practical way of doing it due to the curved top. Definitely needs something like a screen protector for the back.

Where do you order this?

12. David Kleinfeld
    Taobao

13. bflat
    LOL, love Taobao. Sometimes you think you are ordering quantity 1 of something for like $5 and later find out it meant 1 unit with a unit equaling 100 pcs.

14. David Kleinfeld
    Well I usually order through Bhiner as I do not read Chinese characters and it helps a lot. In this case, it seems that the vendor has just started production as before I ordered they just had drawings of the case on their website, just like for the LPGT and soon after I ordered for both they produced real pictures. Basically you can probably request them to do TPU case for any unit which do not have yet TPU case existing so long as they have a dummy unit to take the case measurements. The unfortunate thing is that it does not come so cheap so for now I just ordered 3 cases so that I will have one for each R2R2K and keep one more in spare.

15. David Kleinfeld
    Also ordered two more leather cases and here are few pics I received on them in case anyone is interested.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bden59 and audionewbi like this.
First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55
Next

Last