1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Edric Li, Dec 22, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56
Next

Last
  1. dhc0329
    @HFM are you planning on supporting your new TWS600 True Wireless Hi-Fi Earphones on R2R2K?
    It will be awesome if you plan to do as that will give us the ultimate portability.

quantumrush likes this.
  2. audionewbi
    But I don’t see the point of bypassing the dac/amp section of r2r2k.

3. Ithilstone
    As far as I know R2R2000 is a BT receiver only and has not option for transmitting
    I also do not see the point of bypasing whats best about R2R2k - amp and dac
    for TWS600 any newish mobile with BT will do the job

4. TeamHiFiMAN
    Erm, no as that would somewhat defeat the point of the R2R2000 and its advantage of its DAC and amp outputs.

Mark

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
    Brooko likes this.
  5. Brooko Contributor
    Don't think they connected the dots that the TWS600 is decoding the signal - not the R2R2000.

6. David Kleinfeld
    Quick pics of a convenient case when traveling on a plane. Can fit the R2R2K and probably a mini power bank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gr8soundz likes this.
  7. audionewbi
    I've been so intoxicated by the sound of R2R2K. I'm not going to say my other DAP's sound bad, not at all. They all sound good, for short term listening, but long term R2R2K always wins.
    I like to share an app that has been very critical for my musical enjoyment. Thanks to R2R2K, I've moved into purely buying CD quality files. And as you guys know modern music all have issue due to clipping. AudioRepair is able to fix all those issues. TBH it does so much more, I just have a hard time explaining.

https://www.xivero.com/audiorepair/https://www.xivero.com/audiorepair/

I enjoy DSD, I enjoy DXD, I enjoy all those other fancy format, but Deezer with over 50 million quality PCM file, this is why having R2R2K for PCM playback is something that allowed me to enjoy my music again. Its ultra portable size has encourage me to actually enjoy my high quality IEM that I bought for on the road usage.

Now my only issue is noise level of R2R2K on LoG an HIG. I find the dynamic range on SLG, which is dead quiet with all my high sensitivity IEM, isn't enough. I know pairing it with something like HUM MA-1B will fix it, but it adds bulk and also it is not tuned by the same HFM engineer who designed the R2R2K. Give me a balance portable amp by the same designer, something to pair with my R2R2K and I can say with ease, I'm set.

I've recently purchase the Bakoon HDA 5230 after three years of debating whether to do so or not to do so. I look forward to pairing it with the Black Prince. I found that while sources and DAC are important, but I think in this hobby (IEM/headphone), 50% is headphone/IEM, 40% amplification,9% DAC/source, 1% cable.

I've done a number of blind test and I can say without shame i couldnt tell HUGO II apart from HUGO TT 2 or Dave from HUGO TT 2.

lithiumnk likes this.
  8. twister6 Contributor
    Just received it in the email:

Screenshot_20190717-083434_Email.jpg

9. Ithilstone
    Same here, just think 999usd for it looks like a very good deal considering how similar spec is to Black one

10. David Kleinfeld
    Yes , having both black and red i agree that red is a better deal ; especially if you can get some further discount at a shop but at the end of the day the benefit of paying premium for TOTL is becoming on average less and less significant sound wise irrespective of the brand. What i find very funny though is that HM is still advertising 35 hours playback time in eco mode.

11. brams
    Note that it uses a different DAC chip .... Wonder if the difference is audible?

12. Ithilstone
    Even if that chip sounds a bit different its spec is so similar that differences should be barely audible. Most of sound signature and quality of sound in DAPs comes from quality of output stage and those are identical.

Not to mention that i somehow visually likes the red one more

13. David Kleinfeld
    I posted some more detailed comments before on the difference between both, at least to me Red sounds more neutral, with less bass extension and maybe slightly less wide sound-stage compared to the black. That said this is just comparing between my two units. I am not sure these chips perform always in a very consistent manner. I am saying that because the demo unit I tried before sounded differently, perhaps no burn in...

14. bflat
    ok, we are nearing 2 years since launch. How is the latest firmware in regards to:

1) Actual DAP functionality playing local files?
    2) Can it receive LDAC BT stream?

Red is a much better value prop and the 1702 multi-bit chips are still regarded as one of the best with same 20-bit resolution as 1704.

BTW, you can add a $6 IEM case to get over the $1000 threshold for the $50 discount in that promotional email. I'll probably order since they have a 30-Day return policy.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  15. gazzington
    I was thinking of getting the red one at the reasonable price. What are its pros and cons?

First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56
Next

Last