1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Edric Li, Dec 22, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Next

Last
  1. kenkuan
    Thanks for your reply! So are you keeping both of them? :)

2. Ithilstone
    I thought that red is only limited to China and no official distribution outside. When did that changed?

3. Tawek
    Thanks

4. David Kleinfeld
    Yes I think so, I am very bad at selling stuff or perhaps I will give one to a friend if really I end up not using it at all but for now I am trying to build some kind of desktop setup and I would like to try using R2RK as a source combined with THX AAA 789 which I just ordered from Massdrop. I would use the other R2R2K on the go.

5. audionewbi
    With the r2r2k red, try upsampling all your files to 20 bits/176 kHz.
    Once upon a time the plan was for all recording engineers to record and archive at this rate and this is why the pcm1702 max out at 20bits.
    Anyways it’s just a story I read online .

6. Rozeqloud
    Thanks

7. kenkuan
    Sounds cool... :beerchug:

8. audionewbi
    After a while I went to my other daps, I like to charge them once a while to keep the battery a live. Long story short, maybe it isn't that much of a long story, all my other daps sound veild and thick. Only my first generation chord hugo still sounded relevant and useful, thanks to its crossfade feature which I do use as I have many old Jazz albums recorded in the era of music which signficant pan to the left and right.

Hifiman please put the R2R2000TM (Red edition) on your main website, so people can buy it.

9. dhc0329
    Your ears are made for R2R2K. I like the size and sound but I still think N8's better sounding device.

10. audionewbi
    If N8 had a better screen I would have been all over it. I would only would have purchased it for its NuTube, I find the 4.4mm excesively warm sounding,

I have to admit I cannot understand and pinpoint that it is that I like about R2R2K, as I did own the HM801 which had a simlilar dac chip.

11. dhc0329
    You didn't find it a little thin and less dimensional comparing to N8? I guess you are going for the precision.

12. audionewbi
    I like a little forward sound, something that is intimate. I was lucky enough to get very good synergy with my favourite IEM. N8 NuTube is on also a tonality that I love very much, however size is just too big for portability.

13. dhc0329
    Yeah, after carrying around r2r2k I could never take out N8. It is just too big and heavy. I am hoping amp9 tube on dx220 will also provide comparable sound.
    Again, if HFM comes up with a little bigger but more versatile player, I would seriously consider.

audionewbi likes this.
  14. audionewbi
    Or just maybe an amp/dac? It should be alot easier to implement, as you don't need to perfect the UI. Maybe they can go crazy and go 4 chip for each channel, use 4 panasonic 18650 batteries and same FPGA chip on the R2R2000 (but one for each channel) and stick with the same connectors as R2R2000. Basically release a competitor for Chord HUGO using the R2R technology, that would be amazing.

dhc0329 likes this.
  15. dhc0329
    @HFM - are you planning on releasing new firmware any time soon? increasing the limit on numbers of songs - is this on your roadmap?

First

Back
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Next

Last