1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Edric Li, Dec 22, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last
  1. audionewbi
    I’m lucky enough to own enough IEM to allow me to cater for my moods and musical preferences.
    N8, LPGT are all amazing dap, but they are too large to be put in my shirt pockets. LPGT also sounds digital and if I was to pick I’ll go with the new Cayin N8 black version.

But I have no craving for any other dap, I’m just enjoying music and looking into ciem which matches r2r2k.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Tawek and dhc0329 like this.
  2. dhc0329
    Agreed what you've stated. I am so lucky to have n8 and r2r2k yielding completely different sonic characteristics. I am more than satisfied rotating between these two devices at the moment. Unless there is a small enough device which sounds just as good as these two my search for new dap is over.

I am done carrying bulky device. N8 would be my last device in that weight category.

audionewbi likes this.
  3. jmills8
    So you do a lot of walking, taking buses and taxis so thats why uou want a dap to put in your shirt pocket ? Or shirt pocket when you walk from bedroom to kitchen ?

4. audionewbi
    Spend on average 3 hours on commute on daily basis, I realised anything larger than ak120 will be hard to transport.

jmills8 likes this.
  5. jmills8
    I understand that.

6. dhc0329
    You guys got me worried for summer when I don't wear jacket.
    I rarely wear shirt with pockets so it would have to be my pants but I may sit on the jack one of these days.

7. twister6 Contributor
    How about M0? :D

8. jmills8
    images-7-1.jpg

9. toughnut
    Many praised M0 but I can’t fathom why. Bought it and end up selling within hours. The SQ seem below par compared to iPhone dongle lol. I rather listened to my 10 years old Clip+ over it.

10. twister6 Contributor
    Ain't talking about sound quality, just small "fun" size on the go :p

1088db.jpg

jmills8 likes this.
  11. David Kleinfeld
    Thanks again for your help. It works well to add the favorite but to remove one without emptying the full list of favorite do you have any idea of how to do that? Thanks

12. dhc0329
    Yeah that's the option HFM forgot to add. What's even worse is that the list will disappear every time you rescan. What a bummer...
    You will know why they call it beta firmware. Will there be a production firmware before this device becomes obsolete? No one knows.

13. tjxism
    It's already summer here in Hong Kong. I no longer use R2R2k during my commute. I switched to ES100 which is pretty awesome too. R2R2K is now for weekend tours when I take my sling bag with me.
    Also I don't use the Solaris with R2R2K. The hiss...

audionewbi likes this.
  14. dhc0329
    You can't use solaris with r2d2? Solaris is only thing I can use with r2 for me. Others sound too boring..

quantumrush and TeamHiFiMAN like this.
  15. jmills8
    One mans boring is the other mans end game.

First

Back
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last