1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Edric Li, Dec 22, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last
  1. dhc0329
    Just discovered poor man's playlist on the fly. I suppose they want it 'favorite'..
    This feature helps somewhat.

hfn.jpg

quantumrush likes this.
  2. audionewbi
    There is something about the treble of R2R2K that I just love.

3. Tawek
    I wonder what the synergy would be with Obravo Ra-c, Ra-cu + R2r2k

4. noplsestar
    There are many „R“s, so there‘s probably very good synergy!

endia and Tawek like this.
  5. twister6 Contributor
    there are also many $k in there too :D

noplsestar and Tawek like this.
  6. David Kleinfeld
    Hi, May I ask which menu you are using to reach to this function of adding favorite. I tried to find it but i could not. I am using the latest version of the ui.

Thanks

7. David Kleinfeld
    Just received IER-Z1R which makes a great pairing with R2R2K. Can't wait for the burn-in period to be over but already very impressed.

[​IMG]

8. audionewbi
    I got to spend more time with this two unit, I really don't know why I haven't

9. dhc0329
    Oh, that option to add the songs to favorite will only work when you are under browse "All Songs" mode.

While I am under 'all songs' play mode playing song and if I want to add the song to favorite, I use back button to go to list mode and hold the play button for a few second. That will take me to add to favorite screen.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    quantumrush and David Kleinfeld like this.
  10. dhc0329
    Looks awesome! Look forward to your detail impression after the enough burn-in.

David Kleinfeld likes this.
  11. dhc0329
    Btw the earphone looks almost as big as player. :)

David Kleinfeld likes this.
  12. David Kleinfeld
    In case you have not seen it yet : New Firmware has been released : Version UI2019-3-14 V1.9 beta at 2019-03-22 09:08:00
    Quote :
    What’s new
    Optimization of the file ordering: Default file organisation changed to number, Latin character and then Chinese characters.
    Unquote

audionewbi and dhc0329 like this.
  13. dhc0329
    Cool. Thanks for your heads up. I can't wait to try the new code tonight.

14. audionewbi
    One of my most loved DAC/AMP is my Venturecraft Vantam Jazz limited who was ahead of its time. For the longest time it was my go to DAC for jazz and classical music. It has this intimate, lush sound with enough power for IEM usage.
    Ever since I got the R2R2000 I haven't had much headtime with jazz Ltd dac. Last night I was craving to listen to Blue Spirits by Freddie Hubbard. Switching from R2R2K to Vantam Jazz, what was once a lush and forgiving sound became harsh and "digitally". R2R2K has made all my DAP sound wrong.
    Beside Calyx M which is still sound relevant, but too thick, WM1A which sound very soft, and QA361 which sounds lean, all my other dap sound digital and harsh.

This is the only reason why I'm happy with R2R2K.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  15. dhc0329
    You must really like the sound signature of r2r2k. To me r2r2k is not wide and as monstrous as N8 but I still love its sound on the go, only with solaris and leo2. I cannot imagine taking out any other device since I had this ultra mini high performing player.

First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last