1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Edric Li, Dec 22, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last
  1. dhc0329
    Funny but kinda true..haha

2. audionewbi
    anyone knows where to buy a case for the R2R2K?

3. HeadphoneAddict Contributor
    I’ve chatted with Fang many times, and shared a few meals with him over the yrars, and I’ve never found him to be even slightly arrogant.

4. dhc0329
    audionewbi likes this.
  5. tjxism
    Haha, no offense, it’s a very subjective perception. I generally prefer more sophisticated people.

6. David Kleinfeld
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    dhc0329 and audionewbi like this.
  7. audionewbi
    HF has official cases but impossible to buy outside china. It just sucks to be a R2R2K owner outside mainland China, you think they care for us unicorn who bend over backward to buy this unit, but nope

8. David Kleinfeld
    In theory you can buy the official cases using bhiner also. I tried to buy the brown one but no stock anymore. I have seen both the official cases and the clover one (see the link i provided) and I believe the manufacturer is the same i.e. Hifiman gets his own case done by clover because the quality is the same for non patina model, the stitching also.

audionewbi likes this.
  9. David Kleinfeld
    What I use to listen music at work : the source is 1Z which i control via the remote which i usually place next my keyboard and the sound is sent by bluetooth to R2RK. [​IMG]

10. dhc0329
    Red one looks cute..:)

11. David Kleinfeld
    Just in case some of you would like to compare.

Please see below pictures which I received from Bhiner when ordering various cases :

First the official case from the Official Hifiman Shop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then the Clover one :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dhc0329 likes this.
  12. audionewbi
    R2R2K made all my other dap sounds unpleasing, it is a little worrying considering how one it dies there can't be another dap that can possibly sound like it due to the death of the dac chip inside.

jmills8 likes this.
  13. jmills8
    Buy three. You like neutral to bright daps ?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  14. audionewbi
    is that what this is? I'm no way this loaded, infact not loaded at all. There is something about the sound that I find it the least compressed sounding than any other dap I own.

15. dhc0329
    I have been spoiled by the ultra compact size of R2R2K so I can no longer carry out other Daps because they are just too big and heavy.
    If R2R2K's sound wasn't good, it wouldn't matter how small the device is but it is small and sounds good. Nevertheless, I wouldn't say
    it is the best sounding Dap of all. I still think N8 sounds better in large scale but they are distinctively different in sound production.
    While N8 provides very WET, organically analogous sound over its Korg tube, R2R2K produces yet another analogous, crystal clear sound in
    very DRY fashion. These two complement extremely well. I have not been looking for other Daps since having these two.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last