1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Edric Li, Dec 22, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. Deftone
    giphy.gif

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    lantian likes this.
  2. dhc0329
    Let's put this to rest once and for all. I am supposed to receive the device tomorrow but will most likely return it and move on.
    $2.5K streaming device needing your mobile phone to function on the go. Crazy...

Sent: Monday, August 20, 2018 9:17 PM

HI there, for the global (not China) market, that is correct, local playback will be disabled.

On 21 August 2018 at 04:07, *****@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you please reconfirm if you will remove the local play (playing files under SD card) option with the future firmware update?
    If I cannot play files under SD card locally, this device has no use for me. Please confirm. Thanks.

quantumrush likes this.
  3. twister6 Contributor
    What an embarrassment ...

4. milesjunkie
    Comedy hour. Will anyone admit to having bought one AND kept it?

5. Ultrainferno
    Oh my Hifiman

6. newtophones07
    Wow $2,500 for a streaming DAC? Man the audiophile market is just bananas. The amount of money people are willing to pay for minute additional audio detail..Just wow.

7. CJG888
    What went wrong? What happened?

I suppose this now means that Chinese market ones will sell overseas at a premium...

8. Mimouille
    They are completely insane. Even if I am in China, I will waste no more time with them. Unsub

9. Lunatic
    Don't worry. I've confirmed with Dr. Fang Bian that disabling local playback is only temporary. It will take 4-5 weeks for the firmware to be perfected for local playback and then local playback will be enabled again. Do you really believe a player that comes with a microSD card slot would lose local playback? :)

In the mean time, you can enjoy using the R2R2000 as a USB DAC or download the official HiFiMAN Bluetooth Streaming app from the Google Play store if you use an Android phone. The official app comes with Tidal integration and can support BT streaming up to 24/96 to the R2R2000. Of course you need to be a Tidal member to use this feature. iOS users will need to wait a bit longer as the official app is going through more strict approval process of Apple's App Store. I guess it will be released in a few weeks.

I use the R2R2000 as a USB DAC all the time when I am on my computer, using Audirvana Plus to play local files or stream from Tidal/Qobuz and love the sound either from the 4.4mm line-out to an amp. When I'm in the office I would plug in my IEMs and get lost in hi-fi heaven for half an hour between meetings and conference calls...

Best,

Peter

SteveOliver likes this.
  10. twister6 Contributor
    Now it kind of make sense after someone mentioned that US units were recalled for a fw update, probably to disable playback from a flash card. The question, what's going to happen to the units in China after their fw upgrade, are they going to disable English as one of the language options? Plus, if you buy a unit in/from China, you won't be able to make a warranty claim with HFM in US, I assume.

11. dhc0329
    You mean...to hold on to $2.5K device hoping HFM to change their mind to allow the local playback after they officially announced it will be not support. That's a big risk, bro..

quantumrush and jasonho like this.
  12. jasonho
    looks like a perfect PR move to discourage overseas Hi-fiers from gettting R2R2000 until they fix all the bugs :)

13. dickcheneyx
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. TeamHiFiMAN
    I can confirm that the content as stated here is correct and accurate.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
  15. twister6 Contributor
    Is this a statement from TeamHiFiMAN China or US?

Was hoping to test/review it one of these days, but now don't know what to think of it...

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last