1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Edric Li, Dec 22, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last
  1. jwbrent
    Good point.

2. dhc0329
    I love the sound of LPG having a similar TI chip although the sound stage could definitely need to improve. There isn't any review as to how this r2r200 sounds actually. If r2 can sound as clear and raw as LPG with a bigger sound stage, I will definitely try out.

quantumrush likes this.
  3. musicday
    Since you are in the States of America, why no buying it from here: https://www.moon-audio.com/hifiman-r2r-2000-dap.html
    And if you don't like it send it back?

4. bflat
    LPG's PCM1794 DAC is delta sigma, not R2R multi-bit like PCM1704. Totally different digital to analog conversion methods. Having said that, I wouldn't say one is better than the other because much is dependent on the implementation - power, digital filters, amp, etc.

5. dhc0329
    Haha...having sp1000 and LPG juggling daily which one to take out...another one in mix? I just might...but thinking.

quantumrush likes this.
  6. bflat
    Can anyone confirm the following for the R2R2000 UI and features:
    • Does it support sorting by album artist?
    • Does it support playlist import?
      • No, playlists can only be created within R2R2000
    • Does it support gapless playback?
      • .WAV can be gapless
    • Is BT only one way with R2R2000 as source?
      • R2R2000 only operates as a receiver. It does not transmit in BT.
    • Does BT support include Aptx, AAC, and LDAC?
      • No Aptx and no LDAC
    • Is there a NOS option? If not what is the default NOS or OS?
    • Is there a fixed line out option?
      • Yes, menu can set line out and both 3.5 and 4.4mm will be a line out levels
    Also, I checked directly with Hifiman US store and was told US inventory is still a couple weeks away.

Edit - I received some answers to the above from Hifiman

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  7. Rozeqloud
    In the pic on page 1 ,and in google searches isee what looks like a remote for the dap

i cant imagine needing one for a dap

Is that a remote ? And id there more on its functions etc ?

Maybe if iwas using the dap as a dac in my stereo i can control it remote ? But how would i have a display screen ?

Cheers

8. bflat
    Soooo who is going to be the guinea pig? Hifiman does offer 30 day return minus shipping fees. I think most of their retailers charge a restocking fee as well.

Personally, I am concerned about the UI and single micro sd slot with no mention of internal memory.

9. Whitigir
    The utmost important thing for R2R design is the Firmware and it algorithm :D

10. hamhamhamsta
    whats the sound characteristics of Hifiman R2R2000? is it warm, analytical etc?

11. musicday
    Smooth,laid back organic analogue type. Similar to the Tera Player but not as natural.

12. bflat
    That's a good point. They have the filters programed in an FPGA so no telling how close to production that code is. Highly doubt the FPGA will be reprogrammable once shipped.

13. twister6 Contributor
    How about something else besides tera player since only a few people heard it, something more are familiar with, like the stuff in your signature such as Mojo, Alien, Opus#1, or AP200 which you have reviewed and can compare to?

514077 likes this.
  14. Mimouille
    Does not sound in the least like that. At least when I tried.

15. musicday
    That will be Shozy Gold Alien.

Somchild02 likes this.
First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last