Hifiman RE-800
Jan 7, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #7 of 262
Let's ignore the RE-2000, OK? RE2K is like REK, customed made, you can't buy one from some casually shops as you buy the RE-400.

edit: buy one from some shops casually

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #13 of 262
I was at CanJam NYC yesterday (2/5/17) and tried the RE-800s on.  I thought they were excellent.  I have a pair of Etymotic ER4Ps (15 years old?) which I like/have gotten used to and what struck me about lots of the in-ear models on display was how colored their sound was. Not so for the RE-800.  They were comfortable and quite small compared to many of the competitors.  The cable looked solid too so I think you'd be good with this model. I really enjoyed the sound out of them. They seemed similar to the Sennheiser IE800s in terms of tonality.  A good pick as well.

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #14 of 262
This is good news. I hope Hifiman improves the cable design, I have replaced my RE-600 3 times due to cable issues.

Who would pay $690 to a company with such a horrible reputation for quality? Not I! I have owned three HIFIMAN products, and every single one was returned for repair three times in warranty period. RE0 actually broke four times, just got tired of sending it in.

frown.gif

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #15 of 262
"someone lives in their proper cave if they think this can compare with what's out there.

disagree? get back to me after 400 hours of burn in time. wait, it didn't make it that long? too bad."

yeah, that's what I was thinking when I saw this post. I'm appalled when I first held a re400... I get shivers for those who take a plunge. I should work as an intern for the QC department...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back