HiFiMan RE-600 IEM sound changes... burn-in, different tips?
May 2, 2015 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

brucew268

New Head-Fier
I received some RE-600s a week ago and put about 100 hours of musical burn-in time with them, having lived with RE-262 the last couple years.

What I am hearing is some hardness in the upper mids and less warm presentation than either my RE-262 or my main speakers (Proac Response 1sc), which makes the music less enjoyable to me. I AM used to the liquidity and mid-range warmth of the RE-262.

Yes, they are spacious and good soundstage, better even than the RE-262 perhaps because the highs are not quite as rolled off as the RE-262. They handle complex music well and have good texture and depth in the bass.

...But those slightly hard upper mids. And without the warmth, I have trouble relating to the reviews that call the mids "lush". Do I need to put some more burn-in hours on them or is this their final character? Or are there specific tips I should consider? I listened on the single flange soft tips from my RE-262 (medium). I avoided using the tips from the RE-600s so that if dissatisfied with the sound it is easier to return the IEMs.

May 4, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 2

brucew268

New Head-Fier
Since my first post, I've put an additional 100 hours of burn-in time for a total of 200 hours, which seems to ave done the trick. I listened this morning and I don't notice the hardness, and the mids and upper mids seem to now have the "warmth of life" in them.

Users who are viewing this thread