HiFiMAN RE-400 Review
Feb 21, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #286 of 301
Been listening to these for the last couple hours and today I'm liking them.

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #287 of 301
Love the sound, the quality, the character - basically everything - of these IEMS... If I were to look for a full-sized headphone counterpart of the RE400s: A full-sized pair of headphones that sounds as close as possible to the RE400s... what headphones might those be?

Closest I have found is the NAD Viso HP-50

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #293 of 301
  Very nice review!
I'm planning to buy those IEMs but are they decent for metal music? (compared to Sennheiser CX 300 - II and CX 3.00)

erm well tbh they exist on different planets.  if yoru thinking about the cx300 then you very much may find that the re400 are waaaaaaaaaay bass light for you.  great if your looking for a more pure, audiophile sound but if your used to very bass heavy things like the cx300 you may be shocked by the difference.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #294 of 301
I'm looking for a decent set of IEMs for my niece who is ready to branch out for the first time to something better than standard earbuds. Naturally, her request flowed to me as one who has looked at IEMs and other gear over the years. The reviews in this thread appear to be good as a first pair of quality IEMs and the price is great now at $49 on Amazon and BH Video. Besides the RE-400, any other IEMs folks recommend I look at in this price range?

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #295 of 301
I'm looking for a decent set of IEMs for my niece who is ready to branch out for the first time to something better than standard earbuds. Naturally, her request flowed to me as one who has looked at IEMs and other gear over the years. The reviews in this thread appear to be good as a first pair of quality IEMs and the price is great now at $49 on Amazon and BH Video. Besides the RE-400, any other IEMs folks recommend I look at in this price range?

Actually I'm about to buy this. My Havi B3 Pro 1 is already on the way but this discount got me. My only doubt is build quality. Every single comment is decent about sound though. So beware of that.

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #296 of 301

well sound for the money they are untouchable, nothing comes close at US$50 just make sure you also buy her a little case for them to live in and express that cases are to be used.

Dec 5, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #299 of 301
I consider myself a klutz with little or no mechanical sense. With that in mind, is there any magic to replacing the filter on the RE-400s.

FWIW - I have mastered replacing the filters on Etymotics, but it took some time. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back