HIFIMAN Jade II Loaner Tour
Mar 11, 2019 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 167
Here at HIFIMAN, we want to try to give back to the community and it is with this goal in mind that we are initiating a series of Loaner Tours. In short, we are putting select products in the hands of forum members of the community so they may spread the word about HIFIMAN gear to the most important headphone community.

To kick things off, we are featuring our new Jade II electrostatic headphone system. The Jade II revisits the original HIFIMAN classic with a highly musical listening experience that places the listener in the best seat in the house. It’s a technologically superior electrostatic headphone that can be purchased alone or as part of a full system with an outboard amplifier, at suggested prices of $1,500 and $2,500, respectively. (The amplifier alone is available at a suggested retail price of $1,599.)

Interested? If so, please note that at the moment, the program is operating exclusively in North America and Europe. In the space below, please confirm that you want to borrow the system and fill your city and country (we will PM you for your full details.) Then, in a line or two, tell us why you would like to take part.

In return for being included in the program, we ask that you commit to posting your first impressions of the Jade II when it arrives, with a more detailed assessment after you use it to for a couple of weeks.

Terms & Conditions: To take part you must be located in Europe or North America. In order to confirm ensure smooth handovers and continued interest, we will give you ample notice when you are next in line for the loan. they are available and allow us to ensure smooth handovers.

HIFIMAN will select who takes part and in what order, and we will inform prospective participants when they are next in line.

The duration of the loan will be two weeks from the date it arrives at your home. We will provide you with a shipping label if possible (in countries where it isn’t an option, you will be required to send to the next participant with tracked shipping. We will refund the shipping cost when supplied with a receipt.)

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 11, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 167
I'd definitely like to participate in this loaner program. I'm a native of Chicago, Illinois.

I own the HE-1000 V2, and it's the best sound I've heard to date. I've also heard that it comes close to an electrostatic-type of sound, so I'm really curious as to how your electrostatic headphone compares!

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #4 of 167
I am very interested and am based in London, UK. I was part of the original HE1000 tour:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/official-hifiman-he1000-impressions-thread.767883/

I have owned or heard at home most Hifiman headphones to date, as well as most other production flagships, including top electrostats from competition. I am always interested in new high performance headphones, and even more so in the follow-up of the renowned Jade.

I have a high-end headphones rig to set these up with, and have written quite a few reviews/impressions summaries here on HF and elsewhere. Some examples below:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/msb-analog.20847/reviews
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/unique-melody-mason-v3.22880/reviews
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lark-studio-lsx.23199/reviews

I also have the capability to take headphone audio measurements.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #5 of 167
Would love to be part of this.

Markham, Ontario (close to Toronto)

Long time Hifiman fan. Used to have the He500, upgraded to HE6 and has been incredibly happy with it since, but always wants to listen to the legendary Jade

Also want to compare to the KGSS and SR007 combo.

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #6 of 167
I would like to participate in your loaner program and compare it to my system... Auralic Vega DAC > Schiit Mjo 2 Headphone Amp > Audeze LCD-3F Headphones.

Athens, GA, USA

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 167
I am also very interested and based in the heartland of Germany, 47053 Duisburg.
I am planning on upgrading my system this spring and have auditioned the Susvara so far.
Therefore a home audition of the Jade would help me to make an educated buying decision.

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #8 of 167
I would also like to throw my hat in to the ring as a participant in the loaner program. I would like to compare it to other estat systems like the Stax L700, L300 and Koss ESP9500. I would also like to see how it would perform against planars like the LCD3, HEX v2, Verum 1 and EL8.

Springboro, OH, USA

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #9 of 167
I'd love to be a part of this tour! I've owned a number of Hifiman headphones and currently own an HE-6. Would love to do some sort of comparison.

Little Canada, MN, USA

Mar 11, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #10 of 167
If there's still availability, I'd like to demo the Jade II. I've got the He-350 via Massdrop currently, and I'm really curious to see how the Hifiman entry-level dynamic compares with the TOTL e-stat. Unfair comparison I know, but I also want to see what the comparison is between the M&J electret hybrids I have (GL1 and MJ1), which IMO are ridiculously good once the pads and craptastic OEM cables are swapped out. My current fave TOTL can is the Mr. Speakers Ether Flow, can the Jade II compete?

Twentynine Palms, California, USA.

Cheers everyone!

Mar 11, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #11 of 167
I'd be very interested in taking part in this tour.

As an owner of a couple TOTL headphones,I have been wanting to experience what an electrostat can bring to the headphone experience.

A huge fan of the way the HE-500 and HE-6 sounded,the two HiFiMan headphones Ive owned.

Im located in eastern Long Island, NY.

Mar 11, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #13 of 167
I would love to make an review about them, i am professional video producer and i am looking for start making reviews on youtube. I got Hifiman Ananda with many other headphones.
Heres my video showreel:

And my current favorite headphones: 20190303_131617_2.jpg _DSC0850-HDR (2).jpg

I am located in Eu, Finland. City: Helsinki

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #15 of 167
I'd definitely like to participate in this loaner program. I live in Florida, US.
I recently purchased HE1000SE. I would like to compare Jade 2 with HE1000SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back