HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones
May 25, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #512 of 1,779

Quote:
Tell me if you can spot the issue with my HE-500's

Ummmm, the broken left side headband slider?  Are you gluing it??

May 25, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #513 of 1,779
:) I just glued the cap back onto the area, hopefully it will stay in place. I was a bit annoyed when i opened the package to see it floating around in the case. Only just got them about 20mins ago.

Quote:
Wha? Did yours arrive in that condition? Can it be repaired?

May 25, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #515 of 1,779
Quote:
:) I just glued the cap back onto the area, hopefully it will stay in place. I was a bit annoyed when i opened the package to see it floating around in the case. Only just got them about 20mins ago.

Ah, so you just got them? That must have been quite the surprise when you opened the box only to find them in more than one piece. I'm sorry.

That glue should work. I'm sure that's what they used in the first place anyway. But after that dries, I would love to hear first impressions!

May 25, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #516 of 1,779
There is a large amount of glue used originally in place, but somehow the cap came loose... Which is odd. Hmmm not the best QC when your paying this kind of price for a headphone.

I just dabbed an amount over the old glue and held the cap in place for a short while, hopefully it will cure over the next few days. I will give it a wiggle and if it comes loose i will have to use some stronger setting glue etc. Bit of a bummer, but it hasnt affected the sound in anyway! :wink:

Quote:
Wow that sucks. Bad luck

May 25, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #517 of 1,779
It actually kind of looks good with the cap off... *walks off and grabs pliers*
very_evil_smiley.gif

Kidding of course!
tongue.gif

May 25, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #518 of 1,779
It may have been a heat issue. I mean, glue is just glue...I'm guessing it happened in shipping, rather than being sent out that way. 

It would have scared the crap out of me, too though. 

Quote:
You can see there is a large amount of glue used originally in place, but somehow the cap came loose... Which is odd. Hmmm not the best QC when your paying this kind of price for a headphone.

I just dabbed an amount over the old glue and held the cap in place for a short while, hopefully it will cure over the next few days. I will give it a wiggle and if it comes loose i will have to use some stronger setting glue etc. Bit of a bummer, but it hasnt affected the sound in anyway! :wink:

May 25, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #519 of 1,779

Quote:
Yah, I agree.  Here's the deal.  It seems that in the mastering booth, folks like monitor speakers that are over detailed to catch faults in the recording.  Unfortunately, this can lead to seeing the trees instead of the forest, IMHO.

Quote:

Both of these posts are awesome.  Thanks for the laugh. 

May 26, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #520 of 1,779
What amp would you guys recommend for these cans?
 I had a chance to listen to them but found that the bass is a bit light for my taste. 

What amp should help to bring out the bass?

Thanks for your inputs

May 26, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #524 of 1,779
I agree with Morbid, the bass is quite defined and textured with good impact to my ears anyhow. Id rate them up there with some of the best allround bass ive heard from a headphone. Yes ive heard the LCD-2, not my cup of tea.

Quote:
I don't think they're bass light at all...And this is coming from someone who EQed up the D7000. lol

May 26, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #525 of 1,779
As have I. 

As with everything though it is of course, IMO. But I'm not sure how anyone could call them 'bass-light'...Maybe not Bass heavy though, I suppose.

Quote:
I agree with Morbid, the bass is quite defined and textured with good impact to my ears anyhow. Id rate them up there with some of the best allround bass ive heard from a headphone. Yes ive heard the LCD-2, not my cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back