Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Aug 10, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #3,211 of 3,507
  Thank you Hi-fi'er, That's exactly how I received mine. I don't have anything near 50 hrs to opinion on the sound, but they do sound very similar so far. I'm very interested in their durability, since I've returned the original re600s, three times in less than a year... so Hifiman has some trust to gain.

You are welcome. Right, I exchanged mine 3 times after hardly using them also within a year. HIFIMAN got an ear full from me about it the 2nd and 3rd time. These have been the only IEM I EVER had to do that with, and hopefully the last. I am happy once again.

I did a test with them to compare to all my other IEM's and I have to say I see what they are truly something special. The have the clarity without the sharpness but have forwardness in the vocals you can enjoy for hours with no fatigue. My Ostry KC60A are a tad more forward and sharper in comparison with more bass. They are a close tie to my ears after listening to a high quality recording multiple times, it was obvious that was the difference which says a lot about the Ostry. So for now the RE and the KC60A are my two top IEM's, until I get my Atlas PM 6 which are 6 drivers per side. I can't fault HIFIMAN anymore and now remember (after close critical listening) why I liked them so much and why I was so upset when they broke, but all that is in the past now. The RE-600's are back and awesome!

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #3,212 of 3,507

You are welcome. Right, I exchanged mine 3 times after hardly using them also within a year. HIFIMAN got an ear full from me about it the 2nd and 3rd time. These have been the only IEM I EVER had to do that with, and hopefully the last. I am happy once again.

I did a test with them to compare to all my other IEM's and I have to say I see what they are truly something special. The have the clarity without the sharpness but have forwardness in the vocals you can enjoy for hours with no fatigue. My Ostry KC60A are a tad more forward and sharper in comparison with more bass. They are a close tie to my ears after listening to a high quality recording multiple times, it was obvious that was the difference which says a lot about the Ostry. So for now the RE and the KC60A are my two top IEM's, until I get my Atlas PM 6 which are 6 drivers per side. I can't fault HIFIMAN anymore and now remember (after close critical listening) why I liked them so much and why I was so upset when they broke, but all that is in the past now. The RE-600's are back and awesome!

I remember when my original set were finally burned it; they did have a great sound to my ears and I couldn't wait to listen to them during my morning and evening commutes. One thing, I don't recall being as frustrated with a product, as I was with this one. I say that, because I had to keep returning them and had a tough time finding another IEM that performed that well; especially in the price range. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #3,213 of 3,507
  I remember when my original set were finally burned it; they did have a great sound to my ears and I couldn't wait to listen to them during my morning and evening commutes. One thing, I don't recall being as frustrated with a product, as I was with this one. I say that, because I had to keep returning them and had a tough time finding another IEM that performed that well; especially in the price range. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Try the Ostry, for fun. You will be surprised. The Ostry are like a more mature brother of the RE.

Aug 14, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #3,216 of 3,507
I got my re600s yesterday and it seems like they changed to straight jack instead of the elbow jack. They sound kinda different these seems brighter much more cleaner then the original re600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back