1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last
  1. Deni5
    There is a short interview with Fang up on Innerfidelity now where they talk about RE-400 and RE-600. Not so much info really. One thing that was a little different from previous pictures of RE-600 I have seen was that it was using large bi-flange. Wonder if that will be the one that comes with it - if the iem is tuned to sound best with that tip? I use that tip with my modded RE-400 and it gives an airy presentation, especially if you boost the treble. You loose a little bass, but RE-600 might be tuned so that it doesn't loose any, we'll see.

Fang also said it will probably be released in 3-4 weeks in US. Tyll wrote that he enjoyed listening to it :)

2. whirlwind
    I have been the owner of the RE-400 for one week now and I am pretty impressed with it for the $99 price tag....especially since I was hoping not to have to spend $200-$300 to find a nice sounding iem.

I am definitely satisfied with this.....now I can go back to saving for my next full size phone...Grado PS500

3. morserotonin
    I really can't wait for the RE-600s!  If the RE-400s are any clue to how good they are going to sound they are going to be quite the treat!

4. dleblanc343
    R.I.P RE-272... I just found them in my shirt pocket after a nice wash.

Bring on the RE-600!

5. tinyman392
    Quote:

Did you put them through the drier too?  If not, let all the internal water evaporate before you say anything further :wink:

6. dleblanc343
    Quote:
    Unfortunately, I realized this a few days after hanging the shirt up. Gonna bury in some rice and hope.

7. tinyman392
    Quote:

Good luck.  You can also use silica gel if the rice doesn't work :wink:  The electrical components won't get destroyed unless electricity runs through them.  Any sound change, if any, will be caused by residue from the evaporated water...  That damage may or may not be permenenent. 

8. Audio addict19
    Quote:
    I am sorry for your possible loss. On my beloved RE-262 the cable form the left earpiece pulled out of the Y split partially, thankfully the exposed copper wiring is protected by the chin adjuster. I also hopped on th e RE-400 band wagon though and they're pretty excellent for 99$. I might be returning them though as it seems the left bud is louder then the right one. 

9. proedros
    or you can buy one last new RE-272 , with a 60$ discount from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/HiFiMan-272-In-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00681ZUPK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=BKCAT754U053&coliid=I26LI7CYP7MWEX

Quote:

10. hk1388
    Just got a set of these and they sound excellent. They are easily the best $100 I've spent on headphones. However I have a problem. My ears are weird and my left is slightly bigger than my right so the biflanges are little loose. Does anybody have tip recommendations that don't alter the sound too much?

11. Pianist
    Well, I finally got my own RE400s last Friday. I am absolutely blown away by their sound. No, they are not perfect and I find that the treble could be a bit more even and more sparkly, but that's pretty much my only gripe with these. In every other way I can think of right now, these are simply outstanding and not just for the price. I can say with 100% certainty that I prefer these to any multi driver BA configuration I've heard to date and I believe that technically, RE400 is also very much on par with, if not better than the best universal fit multi driver BAs on the market today. The sound reminds me a bit of Westone 4 with the beautifully lush, rich, and lively bass and midrange and an amazingly holographic soundstage for an IEM. RE400 also has superb resolution, on par with the best headphones I've heard, as well as an exceptionally natural timbre. I know that this is terribly cliche, but I swear that I can actually hear new nuances in the music I know well that I did not notice before with any other headphone. Vocals and some instruments like acoustic guitars often sound more natural to my ears than even through my HE500! RE400 is one of those rare headphones listening to which, I can simply close my eyes and completely drift away from reality with the music.

G_T_J likes this.
  12. slpierce1988
    How do these compare with the RE-262? Would it be worth it to shell out the $99 and use one for exercising? Also, how does the comfort compare with the RE-262? My ear canals don't mesh well with most IEMs, including my beloved RE-262. Wish I could get a more comfortable fit, but my ears hurt like hell after an hour with them, and I've tried every possible set up!

13. tinyman392
    Quote:

Can't compare to the RE-262, but the comfort will be like an ordinary deep fitting straight canal-phone.  Think of an Etymotic with single-flange tips.

14. Pianist
    Quote:

Personally, I consider RE400 to be a step up from RE262 in sound quality as well as ergonomics. For me, a good fit is much, much easier to obtain with RE400 than with RE262, as the former are much smaller in size with a straight shell that can be fitted completely inside the ear. I am sure that you will find RE400 much more comfortable than RE262. As for sound quality, I think that RE400 is the more balanced sounding IEM with the more proper bass impact, a more neutral treble, a more natural timbre, better soundstage depth, as well as more body and resolution in the midrange. Both are slightly uneven in the treble, but RE400 is smoother and has better focus and imaging. Overall, I can't think of much that RE262 may do better, unless maybe you need a very neutral bass and midrange, and prefer the sound to be on the dry side - RE262 does have a more neutral bass through midrange transition without the somewhat warm tilt and mid bass through low midrange emphasis of RE400, and also doesn't have the romantic lushness of RE400, which to some people can make RE400 overly soft/polite sounding. However, RE400 has the more proper treble presence and is simply technically and musically (IMO) superior to RE262. Also, for those who prefer a drier, more linear approach, the RE272 is a better choice than RE262, since the latter has the treble presence that is a bit lacking with RE262. Still, The RE262/272 driver simply isn't as technically proficient as the one in RE400 and so even for analytical listening and/or monitoring, RE400 with some EQ adjustments to make the frequency response more neutral will be preferable to the previous generation Hifiman IEMs IMO.

15. munchzilla
    Quote:
    I've heard that the Sony Hybrid tips are really good. they're my favourite in terms of comfort/sound for anything I've tried them with.

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last