1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600

First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Next

Last
  1. Oof Oink

Where does that leave the ever popular ER4? Same situation?

2. Inks
    Hmm well the ER4P is the same as HF series, even matching wise. You do pay for a replacable cable, now that may be worth paying more for...

3. Pianist
    Quote:

But in this case, when the two measure nearly identically, one can surely mean the former. If Tyll meant that they look the same, then he should have clarified this by saying "pretty much identical looking." That statement of his wasn't clear.

4. EraserXIV
    I feel so bad for this horse

5. Oof Oink

I didn't think he could have made it more clear, having stated just before the statement in question, "sound signatures aside." The man even separated it with three dashes on either side, lol!

This post made my night. Seriously.

6. Pianist
    Quote:

Actually, the differences in the measurements of the two are so small that they easily fall within acceptable limits of production variations of the same model. Consider the following two AKG K701s for example - the measured differences between them are greater than those between RE262 and RE272:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AKGK701.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AKGK701SampleB.pdf

7. Mimouille
    In my personal opinion, trusting a graph over your own ears might be more objective but is also quite sad, I prefer to listen to music than to watch charts. and more importantly claiming you judge an iem without having listened to it, based on a chart, and that your opinion is more valid than someone who owns it is just arrogant and preposterous...and sounds like jealousy.

Oof Oink likes this.
  8. rkyoto
    A small bach of RE600 has been released. Seems like the sound signatures are close to those of RE262/272.

9. Pianist
    Quote:

So you are saying that sound signature = sound quality, right? I always thought of sound signature as significant differences in frequency response only. I think it's a slippery concept though.

10. Oof Oink

Hmm... Doesn't sound too enticing, I must admit. Any link(s) or source(s)?

11. munchzilla
    Quote:
    More info please! been itching to hear this now! EXCITING NEWS!

12. Oof Oink

Tyll wrote the article. Not me. :p

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but as I've come to to understand it, the frequency response reflects the sound signature that a particular headphone/earphone was tuned for, and is merely one aspect of sound quality.

13. proedros
    oh GOD , it has started !!!!

my wallet and me are trembling
    Quote:

14. rkyoto
    Quote:

http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1458265

It's a small batch intended to raise money for charity. I haven't heared it myself. Anyway RE-600 would probably be available by the end of this month.

Oof Oink likes this.
  15. Pianist
    Quote:

Exactly, That's how I understand it as well. So what that means then is that Tyll was only saying that frequency response aside, the two are nearly identical. But then the frequency response of the two shows a 5 db difference at most, which is actually within acceptable production variation limits of some headphones of the same model. Yet, Tyll goes on to describe some pretty detailed differences between the two, making it seem as though they are quite different sounding when measurements clearly show that they are almost the same.

First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Next

Last