Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Nov 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #46 of 3,507
Quote:

When you say balanced, in what regard do you mean?  I've seen that word used in two ways, first meaning to have a slight (or deep) v/u shape and the other meaning to be nearly neutral. 

What I mean by balanced is that I did not hear one frequency dominate the others.   The was some  punch to the bass, yet it was not boomy and it extended deep...the mids did not seem recessed...and the highs seem to fit in just nicely, except there was noticeable sibilance.  I'm not susceptible to sibilance either - the highs of my GR07 and MS2s do not bother me at all.  They had two or three RE-600 available...perhaps I should have listened to one of the other pairs to see if the highs were different on other RE-600s.

The RE-600 reminded me of my GR07.  They could be a better GR07 if you toned down the highs just a little bit.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #51 of 3,507
Quote:

Feels like a rendering, though?

Yeah, the ones I heard did not have the Hifiman logo on them and they looked rough around the edges.

They had a flyer with another rendering (or perhaps the same as the one above).   The picture on the flyer did not look like the samples they had on display (except for the general shape...they are really tiny) - on the back I remember seeing a price of $399, if I'm not mistaken.

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #59 of 3,507
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the interest. RMAF was a preview for the RE-600 which is also named "Songbird". Expected to launch and deliver in November.
There will be two new less expensive in-ear models to follow, hopefully by the holidays. Details to follow.
Peter

December soon.. Some news pls, i have 400euros to spend on some new IEM's LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back