1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600

First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last
  1. conquerator2
    + can anyone please enlighten my on how does the included clip work? Cant figure it out :/

Thanks! :)

2. redrich2000
    when is the 600 expected?

3. toads
    April/May I read somewhere [​IMG]

4. redrich2000
    Has anyone compared the RE400 to the Brainwavz B2? Would the B2 be much of an upgrade?

5. Deni5
    Quote:

Check AstralStorm's post, page 28.

6. proedros
    my guess , to hold your iem on your shirt/blouse ?

Quote:

7. conquerator2

Its not self explenatory to me... No idea how to clip them on it

8. proedros
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-274-iems-compared-hifiman-re-400-added-03-14-13-p-650/9735

Joker's review on the RE-400

9. TheGame21x
    Exactly what I thought he'd give them. Not on the same level as the R-50, RE-262 and GR07 but within striking distance.

10. Deni5
    Quote:

My guess on page 33 was not far off. To get a higher grade you have to tick a lot of boxes soundwise. But still if you read the review there are parts about what the bass does to the complete picture.

I have the R-50 and imo it isn't worthy of 9.2 - it was, but not anymore since I got the RE-400.

11. TheGame21x
    Quote:

Technically, I'd say the R-50 is just a hair ahead of the 400s. On a purely technical level they're extremely well resolving and detailed across the spectrum but overall, I think they're too bright. Way too bright. I'd take the 400s any day of the week over the R-50 because of its brightness.

12. Pianist
    Quote:

That's right IMO. TWFKs just can't compete with well designed, high quality single drivers, like RE400, that were tuned to be quite linear and accurate. TWFKs do have quite a bit of potential, but they are not perfectly coherent and usually have either peaky highs, or somewhat boomy bass, or both. Even if they can be tuned to sound neutral and even with a tight bass and no treble peaks, they still don't have the resolution, coherency that a great single driver is capable of and IMO also sound too dry in the highs.

13. AstralStorm
    That and they don't have superb harmonic distortion figures, especially in the mids, plus they overload easily with higher SPLs, getting way more ringing.

14. project86 Contributor
    I'm a friend of ljokerl and a huge fan of his work - but I have to say I don't envy his task at all. Rating all these IEMs with specific numbers is hard. And then 2 months down the road when something else comes along that might be worthy of a "9.0" but you prefer it to the "9.0" product of last month.... tricky. 

15. Deni5
    I highly admire ljokerl's work as well. Have purchased many IEM's based on his reviews. His comments on how something sounds are true to me. Also he usually says "if you like this kind of sound then this probably isn't for you". I think that part is awesome because everyone has a sound signature preference and can make up their mind if it is worthy of a purchase or not. RE-400 is still in the "very good" grade scale and that is what it is... Very good [​IMG] (I regard modded a little higher)

Waiting patiently for the RE-600 now. Hopefully it will be my 'reference' IEM.

First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last