1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. Fernito
    Quote:

If I remember correctly, in some Chinese forum they were saying it was on par with the K3003 in terms of sound quality. But as the proverb says, "seeing is believing" (well, "hearing" in this case).

2. munchzilla
    hmm similar sound to those? I didn't really like the k3003... :frowning2:

3. cute
    I impulsivly purchased the RE-400, and paid with Paypal, before I thought about the RE-600.  Clieos compared the RE-400 to the RE-262 which I didn't like at all.  So, I cancelled the RE-400 with Head-direct web site!

How long does it take to get my Paypal refund?

4. Swimsonny
    These do not sound that similar to the 262. Different sound sig for sure!

5. AstralStorm
    Quote:
    RE-ZERO sibilant? That'd be a first. What they do have is an issue with long tips like their biflange - ups the highest register treble too much.
    (13-15kHz)
    (RE0 is a bit sibilant, yes. RE-272 was anti-sibilant, desparkled.)

So, how's the cable? Can I get a picture of it, esp. the upper parts? Is it the same as RE-262/272?
    Looks quite similar... and that's the place where they break after warranty due to hardening.

6. AstralStorm
    Quote:

I have taken apart one RE-272. The diaphragm is some polymer, probably mylar.

RE-ZERO rumble and extension are ok, unlike the other two I've tried. (RE0, RE-272)
    This one needs a successor with better build quality, I mean cable. Perhaps nicer single flange tips too, better still, elliptic profile tips and foam-hybrids.

7. cute
    Quote:

You have the RE-400, and compared them to your RE-262?  What are your impressions of the sound difference?

8. Swimsonny
    I do not own the 262 it have auditioned them so I compared from memory and just the basics, look in the last 5 pages or so.

9. zachgraz
    I really enjoy my RE262. They sit in my ear very comfortably and I get a very spacious sound when I wear the cable over my ears.
    Actually I was hoping for a successor with the same housing design and a better driver maybe. So the RE400 is unlikely to replace my RE262 and the RE600 is already another price class.
    Is it sure there will be no direct successors to RE262 and RE272 a they have been removed from their website already ?
    The RE400 and RE600 seem to be no real successors to the previous models but something different in terms of housing design and price.

Can anyone confirm there will be no RE363 and RE373 - the ones that I was hoping for ? :wink:

10. Fernito
    Quote:

Well, at least technically speaking; I don't know if they share a similar sound signature.

11. cute
    Quote:

So, you are comparing two iems that you don't have!

12. imackler
    Quote:

Its not impossible to compare by memory, but it is much more difficult to be accurate! In his defense, he has mentioned several times that he no longer owns it. 

13. zach915m
    I'm not going to mention any names, but it becomes very annoying and hard to navigate through these pages when people post their opinions and thoughts on things they don't currently own in order to seem as if they are an authority on the matter.  Anybody could read these threads all day and post opinion's based on what they read.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
  14. cute
    Quote:

But the RE-400 just started shipping Jan 15, orders haven't even been recieved yet?????

15. imackler
    Quote:

Doesn't Swimsonny already have a pair?! 

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last