Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP
Apr 25, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #106 of 666
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wfh0Wm11tXs

Can someone translate the highlights of this please?

Apr 26, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #108 of 666
smile.gif
smile.gif
Quote:
  I submitted the page which I used translation from Chinese b/c I think it will help to show a bit about HM-901s! Hope this is informative to you. Haven't read through all the pages of this thread, so sorry if this was shown before, okay?

The link actually has more sonic impressions or this is easier:

HM901: 
      Danse Macabre this music actually belongs to a symphonic poem works great preparation, it is a masterpiece of French composer Saint-Saens. HM901 with MINIBOX card, in detail aspects of sound sense and sense lines are more prominent. In addition to retaining the HM901 that unique simulation taste, the more moderate increase of one point rational, calm feeling. Of course, the so-called balance of each people inside, have a different scale, but I have heard official recognition amp card inside. MINIBOX card is the sound performance of the most balanced one amp card.       HM901 play this music, the musical is still a familiar man home players taste, warm, full, low-frequency dynamics, texture, sound good sense of atmosphere. Tri-band balance, low frequency, mainly drums, bass and other instruments, sufficient amount of sense, moderate overtones. IF is the most musical band, the sound sense of moderate thickness, with a separation of the good sense of the density and texture, between the instruments is good. Extending high frequency, but sharpness is the traditional style of a man home players have the details, but not exciting, the sound is relatively supple Naiting. Sound field, HM901 + combination MINIBOX card, the sound field width and depth are good, are loose sound field with good spatial sense of style. But because DT1350 is closed headphones, so the sound field permeability is still subject to certain restrictions. HM901s:       put the same amp card, this can be compared under the same conditions. HM901s open sound remains consistent style and sound HM901 sound. Sound fresh, there is enough detail, and resolving power, musicality and the quality of both. Sound almost the same trend. Understandably, the interior of the main components, including the DAC, and the filtering section is the same chip used. Been listening to this conference HM901s friends should have the impression, right? So in such a chip structure, how sound could go the other style? Amp card used today is the same MINIBOX card. AB three times and found that the two players sound extremely similar. After listening, he found that sound a little lenient HM901, HM901 it is because I have long been open burning, the use of time long enough and HM901s only use 20 hours or so, regarded as a new status. After repeated listening carefully and found that high-frequency part, especially percussionists, such as triangle and the like, HM901s will be a little bit transparent, clear imaging and a little more, penetration will be slightly better. HM901 is more rounded and full. Other parts, such as low, medium, sound field, resolution, and so hard quality, both players gap is extremely small, can be described as the same level of standards.       

I heard a final version the other day and agree with this though I haven't heard an original version for a while. Seemed similar to memory and perhaps a bit less dry. The preproduction that I heard a few months back was a bit mid forward sounding but it's now well voiced. This player isn't for me due to it's size but thought I'd chime in for 901 fans.

Apr 26, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #113 of 666
Apr 27, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #116 of 666
So according to that the sound is more or less the same, I like posts that save me $1k.
I would like the new form and inputs but if they sound the same I can live with the quirks

Now has anyone compared mini box with new gold minibox ?

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #119 of 666
And the firmware.?
I mean, isit new or still old version.
Frankly, I love the sound of HM901 but
Battery life and UI interface make me head toward Sony zx2.

A DAP should just display album cover or artists and not folder..
Best UI so far is still iPod classic...

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #120 of 666
Must be new UI / firmware since start-up time is much shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back