HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread
Dec 25, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #376 of 493
Dec 25, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #377 of 493
The 600 series DAPs use a vintage Philips multibit DAC chip (the TDA1543) without oversampling or digital filtering. The result is a subjectively "warm" and "analogue" sound, with a very liquid and transparent midrange, but with slightly curtailed treble extension. IMO, the 603S is best for headphones, and the 601LE for IEMs.

i heard hm603s is most picker dap ,is it true ??
if im using my rha750 / m50x would be a sinergy with 603s ?? still i ot the analogue n warm sound with my cans??

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #379 of 493
The 600 series DAPs use a vintage Philips multibit DAC chip (the TDA1543) without oversampling or digital filtering. The result is a subjectively "warm" and "analogue" sound, with a very liquid and transparent midrange, but with slightly curtailed treble extension. IMO, the 603S is best for headphones, and the 601LE for IEMs.

i heard hm603s is most picker dap ,is it true ??
if im using my rha750 / m50x would be a sinergy with 603s ?? still i ot the analogue n warm sound with my cans??

It should be a good match but, frankly, with your very sensitive cans and IEMs you might be better off with the 601LE (I have both, and usually use the 601LE with IEMs).

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #381 of 493
Guys i am experiencing random crashes like every 10 minutes or so my hm 650 shuts down what's wrong with this thing? Just bought it brand new

are you running the latest firmware? Check your player for your current version and compare it to the one available at their site.
There were crashes while browsing through your album list, and those were fixed.

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #382 of 493
i got this hm650 some week before, it sounded much better than x5 and dx90 that i had. initially im able hear the diff whenswitch to vintage, after awhile now i cant hear any diff anymore, any one has this issue?

recently did one mistake by plug the line out to the phone out od external amp, im not sure if this will burn thr vintage feature?

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #383 of 493
It should be a good match but, frankly, with your very sensitive cans and IEMs you might be better off with the 601LE (I have both, and usually use the 601LE with IEMs).

wanna ask,how musch the SQ / the Analogue Sound if we comparre with Colorfly C4 ???

n if compare w/ reel to reel player casste is more natural n more better 603s or walkman tape ??
coz i have sony fx 241 which had sound excellent.even has a muddy / grain sound.

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #384 of 493
Hi mates;

I consider buying a Hifiman HM650 but i want to know what type of plug the device is sent with.Is it vary from counrty to country or do they send same type of plug to everyone without taking into acoount where you reside in. As you know, we don't able to charge the device via usb cable; so wall charger is needed. I reside in Turkey and plugs are different from the ones used in US or China. I have sent an email about this issue to the seller but there is no answer up to now.

The seller answered my enquiry. For those who wonder the aforementioned question, the seller's answer is as follows:

Code:
[color=rgb(68, 68, 68)] and yes , the HM650 can not charge via USB cable but only wall charger ,  and I am glad to tell you that we will send the correct adapter that fit  for the shipping country , so pls do not worry about it . Any questions pls just feel free to contact us kind regards[/color]

Maybe somebody wonders the same question like me. The answer is simple and obvious but i want to ensure it  
regular_smile .gif

Jan 24, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #385 of 493
Hi mates;

I consider buying a Hifiman HM650 but i want to know what type of plug the device is sent with.Is it vary from counrty to country or do they send same type of plug to everyone without taking into acoount where you reside in. As you know, we don't able to charge the device via usb cable; so wall charger is needed. I reside in Turkey and plugs are different from the ones used in US or China. I have sent an email about this issue to the seller but there is no answer up to now.

The seller answered my enquiry. For those who wonder the aforementioned question, the seller's answer is as follows:

[COLOR=444444]
Code:
and yes , the HM650 can not charge via USB cable but only wall charger , 
and I am glad to tell you that we will send the correct adapter that fit 
for the shipping country , so pls do not worry about it .
Any questions pls just feel free to contact us
kind regards
[/COLOR]

Maybe somebody wonders the same question like me. The answer is simple and obvious but i want to ensure it  
regular_smile%20.gif
do you know there is something call international plug adaptor?

Jan 24, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #386 of 493
  Hi mates;

Code:
[color=rgb(68, 68, 68)] and yes , the HM650 can not charge via USB cable but only wall charger ,  and I am glad to tell you that we will send the correct adapter that fit  for the shipping country , so pls do not worry about it . Any questions pls just feel free to contact us kind regards[/color]

regular_smile .gif

Also:

the wall charger has a removable 2 pin connector for the power cord that goes into the wall. It's a standard cord as can be seen here on the right:

..and here is the socket of the wall charger.

Since the power adapter is multi voltage you can use it world wide 100-240V and enjoy your player everywhere. 
The 2 pin cable can be bought in your local supermarket or electronics store, I am sure you have one of these in your household already (electric shaver?).

Cheers,
K

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #388 of 493
I just received an email from HiFiMAN that states, from Feb 20th through March 10th, the HM-650 will be discounted. The HM-650 with Power II amp card, $299 and the HM-650 with with Classic II amp card, $279. As of right now, those prices aren't active but I'll try again tomorrow. I sold my HM-650 because I didn't  feel that $449 was such a bargain given it's buggy UI and other issues but at the claimed sale price, I may give it a second chance. Check Here on the 20th.

Another Link but prices still haven't been updated.

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #389 of 493
I've sold my hm650 already. The sound is goood. Even have other 901 iem card on it sounds really great. But I think hifiman purposedly cripple this dap because afraid of cannibalizing their high end offering. Awfull firmware. Battery drain fast, but yet you have to carry it's dam**d propietary charger. Get worse when Try to share songs to friend without card reader. After getting frustated many times with the charger, I let them go.

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #390 of 493
I've sold my hm650 already. The sound is goood. Even have other 901 iem card on it sounds really great. But I think hifiman purposedly cripple this dap because afraid of cannibalizing their high end offering. Awfull firmware. Battery drain fast, but yet you have to carry it's dam**d propietary charger. Get worse when Try to share songs to friend without card reader. After getting frustated many times with the charger, I let them go.

HM650 has exactly the same or similar firmware as the 802/901/802u/901u/802s/901s. If you can't live with one of them, you won't like the others. Actually without the wheel, HM650 might have less problem than the 802/901.

I have both HM650 and 901s now, I like both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back