1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pekingduck, May 30, 2014.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
  1. ph58
    Can hear the difference now with my Beyerdynamic T5P .

2. alpha421
    ^nice choice in cans.  Love the treble in those.  Results now makes more sense.

3. Retrias
    I am going to singapore in around december , have anyone actually found this in singapore?

4. karloil

Yes. It's available in Singapore. I'm eyeing one myself :)

5. Retrias
    oh really ? do you know how much is it and where i can find one ?

6. karloil
    ^AV One carries them for $S699.

7. Retrias
    hmmm, I would have to calculate , if its actually better to get online or to get it in singapore

8. mark2410 Contributor
    Very early thoughts

just slapped these and the q-JAYS on.  oh FCUK me these are good.

there is a few things that seem dumb like unless im missing something, the proprietary charging, just What?!?!?!?!?? i also dont like the idea of 9 hours battery life.  especially if i cantjust plug in any old micro usb to charge, like seriously hifiman are you serious 9 hours and you think ooh lets use a proprietary charger the size of a small car???????

still, by christ so far im really REALLY findng these bloody good to hear.

9. karloil
    ^looking forward to more of your impressions! Have yet to audition them myself.

10. CJG888
    Has anyone compared this directly to the DX90?

Is it possible to buy a simple LOD cable to connect the line output to an external amp (I have only seen a desktop dock)?

11. fengwei007

There is a dock cable (dock to RCA) included in the box which can be used to hook up the 650 with an external amp. Of course you can buy a better cable or make your own. Hifiman sells the DIY dock connector. The line out sound is amazing.

12. CJG888
    Thank you. What sort of a dock connector does it use?

13. pekingduck
    It's a proprietary one similar to the 30-pin Apple connector

14. CJG888
    Have you had a chance to compare this to the DX90?

I'm intending to use it with an external amplifier (via line out), as a replacement for a DX50.

Does it have gapless playback?

Thank you.

15. ph58
    Hi , i have one question : does the line dock out bypass completely the internal amplifier card ? Thanks

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last