1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pekingduck, May 30, 2014.
First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. puppyfi
    HM650 would be for sound (Wolfson WM8740), driven power (no need to stack) and retro, imo ( HM802 if people can afford).
    It scored lowly overall when rest of areas like functionality, ui, battery life and appearance/portability factor in.

Captureshootout2.jpg

2. nmatheis Contributor

Hold up! PAW 5K got the overall highest scores?!?

No Aune M2 or Shanling M2 / M3?

:confused:

3. autumnholy
    I tried the Aune M2 Pro (which is very very capable with lots of details on the low end), the Fiio X7 (well), Sony NW-A25 (Surprisingly packed with bass), and then this one.

And I have previously tried the DX80 (I loved it very much due to the smooth signature w/o sacrificing details), Fiio X3 (small DAP), and all others before.

HM650 is the most different of all. And to my brain is the closest to analogue.

4. erictioh

give me 5...same thought here, the vocal is sweeet, however the bulkiness and proprietary port and charger is a downside.

5. puppyfi

And the same bulkiness and proprietary port remain even if you were to get the higher end HM802 or HM901.
    The promotion price right now, is the sweetener :)

6. erictioh

where is the promo on?

7. autumnholy
    Yep. But i didn't care for once the size. Gonna make it a home portable setup.

Amazon. http://hifiman.com/articles/detail/407 

8. erictioh
    great.. but i already owned hm650, thought there is promo on hm802.

wanna ask is it worth that money to put a balanced card in hm650? looking at balanced card alone is more exp than the player with classic card (consider promo price)

9. Saoshyant
    @erictioh The promo price is also on Amazon.

10. Koolpep

good question, I can only tell you once the promo is over - I have balanced card but will lonely order the 650 in March - so won't be with the early enough...

11. mohdkhamsya

Hi there. I'm between the 650 and 603s from Taobao. In terms of technical capabilities, would you say that they are similar?

12. nmatheis Contributor
    ^^^ I'm just guessing from what I've read on HF threads that HM650 will be the more technical choice (but still warm/relaxed), whereas HM803S is going to be the very warm/relaxed choice for just chilling out and relaxing with your tunes.

13. CJG888
    That more or less sums it up (I have both).

14. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    For me hm603s has unacceptable treble roll off and weirdly loose undefined bass, but quite nice mids. I haven't heard hm650 but I would bet it is better than hm603s, no one has measured hm650, but hm802 has been measured and has less treble roll off than hm60Xs series, so hopefully hm650 also has a similar roll-off to hm802, but no one knows, someone said hm802 sounds more neutral than hm650 so maybe hm650 has more treble roll-off :frowning2:

15. mohdkhamsya
    Aaaah. Thank you people!

First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33
Next

Last