HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Sep 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #2,957 of 3,445
Hello,

I am looking for aftermarket cards for hm901 in Chinese market. But I can not understand the language
smily_headphones1.gif
Could you please provide me with a link to these cards? No problem, I can use translate on these pages
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks much

I think you will have to somehow meet someone from China or try to write in English and see if they respond. 

Now what about the 901s?

Sep 21, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #2,959 of 3,445
Sep 27, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #2,960 of 3,445
I haven't seen much info on it yet. 

There isn't a lot info out yet, other than that the new player only takes a few seconds to power on (while the current 901 takes up to 40-60s), will have better wheel, might have a different color (silver or gold instead of black, but this hasn't been confirmed yet). Size and shape will remain the same, and of course they share the same amp cards and accessories. There is no mention about sound quality change, and no idea when it'd be out on market either.

Sep 27, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #2,962 of 3,445
Dont think this one will take as long as the dock...its not like this is totally innovative and starting from scratch...i read some rumour saying the upgrade price for existing 901 owners is around 1000RMB...No reason not to be milked

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #2,964 of 3,445
I tested HM901 with balanced card with my SE5way while using SilverFi IEM2 cable with TRRS termination.

It was not a long listening section but one thing caught me off guard. That combo delivers a well textured and layered, very addictive bass response. Treble was very easy on ears too, which is what I would like to hear.

As for the unit itself. UI doesn't seem so bad, it does what it is supposed to do. However the physical size of the unit is very big. Yes you can put it in your jeans pocket but trust me, you wouldn't want that (no I am not wearing hipster jeans).

So apart from the size and battery life, I guess it is pretty much the perfect player. Still, need more time to demo.

Special thanks to @portnoy83 for lending me his cable and dap so I could see how balanced HM901 sounds like.. Well it is addictive, I wish I hadn't hear it, now it stays in my mind all the time
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #2,969 of 3,445
I did some comparisons today on the NT6 between balanced card balanced cable and discrete card, and even though the balanced setup delivers amazing layered subbass, I prefer the discrete card overall in this combo, more clarity and separation to my ears.

Are you referring to the discrete card available in China from a 3rd party?

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #2,970 of 3,445

I did some comparisons today on the NT6 between balanced card balanced cable and discrete card, and even though the balanced setup delivers amazing layered subbass, I prefer the discrete card overall in this combo, more clarity and separation to my ears.

Are you referring to the discrete card available in China from a 3rd party?

I bet it's the one. And it's the only amp card I have left for my HM901. Don't even bother with other amp cards after I had this for a while. The only problem w/ this card is the battery life. The player only lasts about 4-5 hours w/ this card. Not a big deal since I have two batteries and external charger. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back