HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Jun 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #151 of 3,445
Jun 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #153 of 3,445
Quote:
So you tried the USB cable and the HM-901 doesn't work as external DAC through it?

It is what I have read. I will visit the factory in a week or two and either from that or if other information comes forth, will give a concrete answer. 

The USB that comes with the 901 allows you to access the card when it is inserted. You can load to the card or delete files via USB. 

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #154 of 3,445

Ah, super! You are obviously really close to the HiFiMan production! Please also check about album art and hapless. M3u files / track list support is already confirmed(?)

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #155 of 3,445
Quote:
Ah, super! You are obviously really close to the HiFiMan production! Please also check about album art and hapless. M3u files / track list support is already confirmed(?)

Are you referring to me as hapless? lol 

It is supposed to have Gapless and I am not sure what M3u files are but I will check. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #157 of 3,445
Quote:
Are you referring to me as hapless? lol 

It is supposed to have Gapless and I am not sure what M3u files are but I will check. 

Oh, this was surely a misspelling due to my mobile phone not recognizing the word I was trying to type! GAPless of course. Retrias is correct, it's a playlist file. Anyway, if there is some kind of playlist support it would be very welcome. Album art is also something I expect to be on it since the demo UI on the net showed it. Hopefully it's going to support that also - sooner or later.

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #158 of 3,445
I was looking through the HM-901 instruction manual (Japanese version was put online) & is the dock connector really a 30-pin connector like the Apple??!!

Also can anyone please share all the info of the amp options available as its still confusing.

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #159 of 3,445
Quote:
I was looking through the HM-901 instruction manual (Japanese version was put online) & is the dock connector really a 30-pin connector like the Apple??!!

Also can anyone please share all the info of the amp options available as its still confusing.

Unless something is posted sooner, I will find out all the options when I visit the factory, outside of ShangHai, in the middle of the month. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #161 of 3,445
Quote:
No cross feed. 

Hi Jamato8! That's a big let down for me. I don't think that crossfeed improves the sound quality but, cos I use a lot headphones, is more relaxing and enjoyable for me. It would be great if they release an Amp Module with a crossfeed circuit (Meier-Audio). Anyways the line out must stay free of crossfeed. I'm deciding between iBasso HDP-R10 and HiFiMan HM-901 and a crossfeed feature could make the difference. I'm still researching if the HDP-R10  performs it, maybe installing it Neutron MP.

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #164 of 3,445
Quote:
We're hoping your keyboard goes first.

The reason I asked this because someone has brought up this concern in the early thread.
By the way I don't understand your statement because the keyboard has nothing to do with the click-wheel.
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #165 of 3,445
Quote:
How many operating cycle for click-wheel in HM-901 does Hifiman guarantee before it break down? 50K or 100K cycles?

Any reason Hifiman has chosen mechanical click-wheel over touch screen?

I would be more than happy if mine fare better than this dude:  http://translate.google.com.hk/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ferji.net%2Fread.php%3Ftid%3D1474827%26fpage%3D3

it really seems like many units from the earlier batches suffer this click-wheel falling off issue.... hope it got really fix or I'd be extremely pissed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back