HIFIMAN HE6se Loaner tour
Mar 25, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #46 of 163
I would love the opportunity to listen to the HE-6SE and compare it to my modified HE6 and the HE1000se. I have two powerful amps.

I live in Sweden, Europe.

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #47 of 163
The HE6se are in the House, was concerned at first, but I think they were physically cold right out of the box. Jamming some Billy Gibbons at the moment, and these Cans kick like a mule!!! Bluesound Node2>Hugo2>
Woo WA5>HE6se, the soundstage is upfront, mosh pit, versus the Vérité’s row 5 seating.

I’m liking what I’m hearing, they could be a really nice “yin” to the Vérité’s “yang!”

Mar 29, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #48 of 163
The HE6se are in the House, was concerned at first, but I think they were physically cold right out of the box. Jamming some Billy Gibbons at the moment, and these Cans kick like a mule!!! Bluesound Node2>Hugo2>
Woo WA5>HE6se, the soundstage is upfront, mosh pit, versus the Vérité’s row 5 seating.

I’m liking what I’m hearing, they could be a really nice “yin” to the Vérité’s “yang!”

pics or it didn't happen :wink:

Mark

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 29, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #49 of 163

Comparison of the he6se to the auteur would be much appreciated

Mar 29, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #50 of 163
Hello all, I have received the HE-6se last night but am on shift today so I will update this post tomorrow with my unboxing and initial impressions.

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #51 of 163
Hello all, I have received the HE-6se last night but am on shift today so I will update this post tomorrow with my unboxing and initial impressions.
Be sure to bring them to the meet this Sunday!

Also do we have a list of who's receiving these on this tour

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #52 of 163
I would be very excited to tested out the HE-6se! I'm located in Columbus, Ohio, USA.
I've been mostly in the Audeze camp and have tried all of their planar designs, but haven't had a chance to listen to higher-end Hifiman planars.
I have an LCD-4 being driven by a Cavalli Liquid Platinum that I would love to compare to the HE-6se.

Thank you!

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #53 of 163
Hi @Mshenay , I have a brand new pair In Lexington now, will be comparing them to the E2, Autuer, Vérité, and from memory, the OG Abyss and Utopia.

Kevin “Wildcat”

Mar 30, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #54 of 163

So my initial impressions are that these are built extremely well. Pads are fantastic though I do wish there was some side-side movement. The way the cups are, there's a gap between my ears and head. Sound wise, I've only tested it via balanced connection through a Schiit Mjolnir2/Gumby, but it's impressively clean and transparent with amazing bass control. There is a lower treble sharpness to it that does catch me off guard at times but I'd like to try it on the Rag/Yggy before I give it a full go.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought I read somewhere that said this headphone came with an adaptor to connect these straight to speaker taps. Did I misread that somewhere?

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #55 of 163

So my initial impressions are that these are built extremely well. Pads are fantastic though I do wish there was some side-side movement. The way the cups are, there's a gap between my ears and head. Sound wise, I've only tested it via balanced connection through a Schiit Mjolnir2/Gumby, but it's impressively clean and transparent with amazing bass control. There is a lower treble sharpness to it that does catch me off guard at times but I'd like to try it on the Rag/Yggy before I give it a full go.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought I read somewhere that said this headphone came with an adaptor to connect these straight to speaker taps. Did I misread that somewhere?

I wondered that as well, I love to hook them up to my Krell!

Apr 6, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #56 of 163
Comparison of the he6se to the auteur would be much appreciated

Hi @Mshenay , I have a brand new pair In Lexington now, will be comparing them to the E2, Autuer, Vérité, and from memory, the OG Abyss and Utopia.

Kevin “Wildcat”
Waiting...waiting....

Any updates or premature rushed views on these that you might later regret after speaking too early on these Kevin?

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #57 of 163
Late to the game, but I would love to audition the HE-6se. From memory, I would compare to the ZMF Atticus, and I do have the Ether-C Flow 1.1 on hand as well as the Focal Elear, and Sendy Aiva (a new really good headphone). I have the HiFiMan re2000 coming my way on the tour, and would love to audition a full sized HiFiMan. The Meze Empyrean is also headed my way, so hopefully they would arrive together. Thank you for the opportunity!

My Review thread: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/ngoshawks-review-thread.854442/
My Blog:
https://ngoshawkblog.wordpress.com/

Warrensburg, MO, USA

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #58 of 163
Got a PM that the He6se is on its way for a visit. To say I'm stoked is an understatement. I've loved my other Hifiman products and being a planar junkie this may be as close to nirvana as I can come for the time being.

Apr 9, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #59 of 163
Got a PM that the He6se is on its way for a visit. To say I'm stoked is an understatement. I've loved my other Hifiman products and being a planar junkie this may be as close to nirvana as I can come for the time being.

Nice, Will! Congrats.

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #60 of 163
Waiting...waiting....

Any updates or premature rushed views on these that you might later regret after speaking too early on these Kevin?

Almost done, I’ve had to do some traveling back and forth to Nashville, it appears I’ll be having a small procedure next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back