HIFIMAN HE6se Loaner tour
Mar 15, 2019 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 163
Here at HIFIMAN we want to try to give back to the community and it is with this goal in mind that are initiating a series of Loaner Tours. We want to put select products in the hands of those members of the community to experience HIFIMAN gear in the forum that matters most and thus is the most important headphone community.

The second in our loaner tour series is the HE6se. Yes, the successor to the original HE6, the crazy power-hungry headphone that fans still rave about. It is back, driver unchanged but with new cups, new 3.5mm socket connectors and a new, much more comfortable Hybrid Headband on it. So power hungry is the HE6se that it ships with an HE adapter to facilitate using a speaker amp and giving you a fully balanced output.

Interested? If so, please note that at the moment, the program is operating exclusively in North America and Europe. In the space below, please confirm that you want to borrow the system and fill your city and country (we will PM you for your full details.) Then in a line or two say why you would like to take part. Also, we ask that you commit to posting your first impressions of the Jade II when it arrives, with a more detailed assessment after you had a couple weeks to spend some quality time listening to your favorite music.

T&C’s To take part you must be located in Europe or North America. We will select who takes part and in what order, we will inform prospective participants once they are next in line. This is to confirm they are available and allow us to ensure smooth handovers. Participants must also provide us with a photo of the item just before they pass it onward so that we can confirm its good condition when it left them. The duration of the loan will be two weeks from once it gets to your home. We will provide you with a shipping label if possible (in countries where we cannot you will be required to post to the next participant with tracked shipping, we can refund the shipping cost for which we will require the receipt as evidence.)

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 15, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 163
HE6se + EF100 Quick Impressions From Inside HIFIMAN

The He6se as was its predecessor I known for needing power, a lot of power. So you maybe thinking the little EF100 can drive it? No, its cant. Well…. Its headphone socket can’t but the EF100 has a trick up its sleeve, its got speaker taps on the back of it. Now when you hook up the HE6se to those then it’s a different kettle of fish entirely. The HE6se begins to come to life, the aspects its known for such as its musicality, dynamism and punch all abound. The combo for sure wants you to work that volume dial hard, its not a set up for laid back gently relaxing listening. It fun, drama, excitement, bass that digs in down deep, passion….. you get the idea. Fire up your favourite late 90’grungy power tunes and feel the angsty fervour of a generation. It is what the HE6 was made for, hurl power at it so it blasts you with wave after wave of music, you don’t so must listen, you experience the music. For me this is not a smoothly relaxing headphone, it demands you engage with it, you must give yourself over to it and the music.

The bass is able to give a vigorous response and it likes to be hard and punchy. The mids are a bit on the cooler side, open sounding and just a tiny bit dry which combined with the soundstage leaves a very open and near breathy experience. The treble, like the bass it like to dazzle and show off, spectacular and attention grabbing. For me a fraction too attention seeking but it offers up a huge amount of engagement. It’s a sonic thrill ride and not for the faint of ear.

Mar 15, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 163
Hi! I'd LOVE to participate in this loaner tour.
I live in the city of Alphen aan den Rijn in the Netherlands.
One big reason for me to take part is that I have thus far only owned closed-back HP's (currently audeze lcd2cb's at home and meze99classics at work) and I'm really interested in trying out a good pair of open-back HP's. I am a music lover, as I expect everyone on this site is. Oh, and I love doing comparisons and writing about it :)

Mar 15, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #4 of 163
I’d love to participate in the loaner program. I live in San Diego California. With the release of the Chord HugoTT2, I’m starting to evaluate more power hungry headphones, comparing direct vs through an external amp. The HE6SE’s and Susvaras are at the top of my “to audition” list

Mar 15, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #5 of 163
I would enjoy participarting. I have one of the earliest HE6. It was loaned to me for a Chicago Head-Fi meet and I purchased it. I am in Central IL but it needs to be after April 15th.

Mar 15, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #6 of 163
I am also interested in joining this loaner program and agree to all of the terms and conditions.

I live in Massachusetts and should hopefully have my new GS-x Mini to test them on.

I have never owned, but have tried the HE6s and enjoyed them thoroughly...I would love to get some longer head time with them to compare them with my Ether 2's.

Keith

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #9 of 163
I'd love to hear this towards the end of it's tour, quite busy atm and I've got some shows upcoming. But June 1st I'll be caught up and heading into TN for a meet there.

I'm located in the South East US atm and I'm also running the head_fi Instagram page with 2 others which has around 1100 followers so I can put brief impressions/pics in front of that rather large audience, but I've also got an online presence in quite a few other communities such as

Reddit
Facebook
YouTube
Headphones.Com- Forums
My Own Personal Blog

An Of Course my presence here as a Contributor

I've also just got an RME ADI 2 DAC in and by June I should have a powerful new Amp that will drive these nicely!

So let me know what you think!

Mar 15, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #11 of 163
I would like to get in on the loaner tour of the HE6se, I am a big fan of Fangs creations,The man as well..
I have a hardwired HE500, origional Jade,& Susvara at the moment
& have owned the original HE6 (should Have kept it),HEKV1 & V2
Long Island NY

Mar 15, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #12 of 163
I'd absolutely love to participate in the tour. I've owned 1 HIFIMAN, loved it and would really like to hear these. I've owned many headphones and I'm looking for the endgame I've been searching for since I got into this hobby.....still haven't found it. Could this be it? I definitely want to see how this compares to the Empyrean, Clear, Klipsch, etc. I'd be running these through a MJ2/Gumby combo and REALLY would like to see what these can do.
I live in the states just outside of Phoenix.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #14 of 163
Hello, I am busy upgrading my system. I would appreciate if I could participate in the tour.
After auditioning the Susvara, I would love to get a chance to audition another TOTL Hifiman headphone.
I live in Duisburg, Germany.

Mar 15, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #15 of 163
I would love to be part of the HE6se loaner tour. I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
I've heard and enjoyed many HIFIMAN headphones like the Susvara, 1000s, edition X, etc and would like to see how the HE6se fits in. And the reason why I have my CK²III amp of because of claims that it could drive the original he6 headphones properly, hoping to test that out

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back