HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Mar 30, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #2,177 of 2,647
Was just going to mention it appears they're back in stock.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #2,178 of 2,647
It's crazy to me that, like, if I hook my Onkyo up to proper full-size speakers, I could turn them up to a volume that would absolutely rattle the walls and have neighbors calling the police. But, that same amp on the same gain but with headphones connected to the speaker taps instead, it's loud, sure, but just headphone-loud, not neighborhood-loud. Just crazy that it takes so much juice to power such tiny drivers. Relative to full-size speakers, anyway.

Apr 19, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #2,180 of 2,647
It's crazy to me that, like, if I hook my Onkyo up to proper full-size speakers, I could turn them up to a volume that would absolutely rattle the walls and have neighbors calling the police. But, that same amp on the same gain but with headphones connected to the speaker taps instead, it's loud, sure, but just headphone-loud, not neighborhood-loud. Just crazy that it takes so much juice to power such tiny drivers. Relative to full-size speakers, anyway.
Agreed! I have to crank my volume knob for these more than anything else! It's also one of the only ones that is simply too quiet direct out of my Macbook, even maxed out. But it's well known since the start that the 6 is pretty power hungry.

It's not too bad, however provided you got a solid amp. These headphones are well worth it.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #2,181 of 2,647
so i picked up some velour dekoni for my he1kv2, didnt love them on the hek. I bought b stock for $35- so for fun i got creative and took off the hek clips and hot glued to some hifiman rings for the he-6sev2

end. game. pad. For me at least haha

I've got some auteur hybrid solids coming in that im going to compare with- but so far im liking these arya dekoni velours a lot and thing they are going to be hard to beat. They just open up the sound and seem to get out of the way (literally) more than any other pad for soundstage, transparency, freuency response

Apr 19, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #2,182 of 2,647
Ordered one OB HE6SE from official HiFiman website for $629. Should be v1 since it did not specify v2. Would assume 2 years warranty. Anyone has experience in pairing Woo Audio WA6SE Gen2 with it? Remember seeing someone said it was a nonstarter driving by WA6SE. Just wondering. Will have a WA5 down the road.

Apr 20, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #2,183 of 2,647
Well the headphones are about 6 times the impedance of speakers and probably less efficient.

If you try that with a pair of Focals, you'll be out a few thousand bucks in less than 2 seconds :p

Apr 20, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #2,184 of 2,647
Ordered one OB HE6SE from official HiFiman website for $629. Should be v1 since it did not specify v2. Would assume 2 years warranty. Anyone has experience in pairing Woo Audio WA6SE Gen2 with it? Remember seeing someone said it was a nonstarter driving by WA6SE. Just wondering. Will have a WA5 down the road.
not good with the OG WA6SE, not sure about the v2. Planars - be it speakers or cans love huge amounts of current, even if you only use 4 wpc@ 50 ohms max, but have 15 total, it will sound more authoritative than an amp that has just 4 - all other things being equal. It is quantity over quality - of course both is best.

Apr 22, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #2,185 of 2,647
Just wanted to give an amplifier pairing update. My favorite headphone amp to pair with HiFiMan HE6se V2 ($1,200 ceiling) the Questyle CMA Twelve has in some ways been dethroned by the Quicksilver Headphone Amplifier.
At low and mid volume the Quicksilver sounds better. However, at high volume (I have rarely listened at this level) the Twelve has the balls to drive the HE6se V2 to louder volumes. The Quicksilver at loud volumes putters out when trying to play back tracks with low bass. So, those that listens at low to moderate volume, the Quicksilver Headphone Amplifier is a great choice to pair with HE6se V2.
With my dynamic driver headphones, ZMF Aeolus, Sennheiser HD600 my OTL RSA Emmeline II The Raptor reigns supreme over the Quicksilver. However with the HE6se V2 at my preferred listening volumes, the Quicksilver is king. In my ears, this has been an upgrade for them.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #2,186 of 2,647
not good with the OG WA6SE, not sure about the v2. Planars - be it speakers or cans love huge amounts of current, even if you only use 4 wpc@ 50 ohms max, but have 15 total, it will sound more authoritative than an amp that has just 4 - all other things being equal. It is quantity over quality - of course both is best.
Got my HE6SE, it is v1 not the v2. Shockingly good, speechless at this price ($600-
$700). Can only imagine how good the original HE6 would be. No need for break-in. After 30 sec, i know it is a winner, easily beats my HD800s. This is with stock cable, no mod. Woo Audio WA6SE Gen2 handled it well but i needed to turn my SONY TA-ZH1ES DAC pre-out volume up by 50%. You were probablly correct, without TA-ZH1ES pre-out gain control, WA6SE may not provide adequate power.

Apr 26, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #2,187 of 2,647
That's what I found with these and HE-500.

I mean like I tried more expensive headphones and never heard better than these. Focal Clear MG, TH900, Audeze... I never heard anything as good as these two Hifiman planars - to me they're end game on a decent amp - incredible sound.

There's nothing to improve in their sound - bass, mids, treble, soundstage, imaging, separation, the detail, air, punch - it's all top notch. For $400?

Yes - just yes. From a dollar for dollar perspective, these are absolutely the ones for open IMO.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #2,188 of 2,647
That's what I found with these and HE-500.

I mean like I tried more expensive headphones and never heard better than these. Focal Clear MG, TH900, Audeze... I never heard anything as good as these two Hifiman planars, to me they're end game - incredible sound.

There's nothing to improve in their sound - bass, mids, treble, soundstage, imaging, separation, detail, air, punch - it's all top notch.

For $400? Yes - incredible.
I ordered a 99% silver cable and will arrive soon. It'll do much better than the stock cable (based on my 800s experience). Based on my reading, v1 has better QA, and the headband is perfect. It is also in constant sale at $699 shipping included. will buy another one as back up and do mods.

Apr 26, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #2,189 of 2,647
I've had mixed feelings on silver cables. I sometimes found it to make the sound more shrill. I'm not an authority on cables.

I don't love the cable on the 6SE but also don't hate it enough to replace it. The sound is glorious to me so I don't feel like bothering.

As far as the V1 vs. V2 debate I mean I paid under $400 for my V2 so that's the sale right there for me. Rediculous value.

$699 is approaching almost double, so that's up to you. I don't dislike the headband on the V2, find it pretty comfortable.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #2,190 of 2,647
I've had mixed feelings on silver cables. I sometimes found it to make the sound more shrill. I'm not an authority on cables.

I don't love the cable on the 6SE but also don't hate it enough to replace it. The sound is glorious to me so I don't feel like bothering.

As far as the V1 vs. V2 debate I mean I paid under $400 for my V2 so that's the sale right there for me. Rediculous value.

$699 is approaching almost double, so that's up to you.
Will wait for a ~ $400 v2 for mods and back up 😀 End game,..., it basically kills the competition! Good for music lovers. Silver cable may not good for any system. I have tube amp and Oyaide Continental 5S V2 USB cable (desktop to DAC) which helps in smoothing out the 'shrill' sound i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back