HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Jul 11, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #1,111 of 2,647
I'm going to be finally buying this headphone any day now. With regards to Hifiman QC, would anyone recommend buying Adorama's protection plan with it? Or is Hifiman's own warranty good enough?
HFM’s warranty has been good for me, had stuck drivers on my first pair and they replaced them. Say what you will about their qc but their service has been excellent in my experience

Jul 15, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #1,112 of 2,647
I’ve been keeping an eye out for an HE6se v2 but, I wanted one that was clean, all original packaging and accessories and most important to me without any mods having been done to it. I found one and it arrived today. I'm not using the stock cables, they'll stay in the box. Instead I’m using an OIDIO Mongrel SPC for the moment. Being that the earcups use 3.5mm connectors I have several other boutique cables on hand that I can try when I’m ready for that. Also, I'll listen for a while with the headphones in stock configuration, but I do have a set of grills I can try later if I get the urge.

Only been listening a little while so not really ready for first impression. I started with my Susvara setup - Spring3 KTE / Oor+Hypsos and signal source of roon server via ultraRendu into the DAC. This setup works the Susvara very nicely to my tastes and I thought it would be pretty good with the HE6se v2 - it did not really suck per-say, but after only half dozen tracks or so I was ready to try it on my other chain - Yggdrasil OG / Violectric V550 and similar signal source, roon server into a pi4 w/Allo DigiOne HAT as my roon bridge into the DAC via coax spdif. With this chain the HE6se v2 is more engaging and more to my preferred tastes. I get more now why the excitement over this piece. I have been listening to random tracks from my local library as well as streaming tracks from Qobuz via roon for several hours now. Its a fun piece but I'll have to give it more time and let some of the new toy syndrome settle down before I can give a more objective opinion.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #1,113 of 2,647
I’ve been keeping an eye out for an HE6se v2 but, I wanted one that was clean, all original packaging and accessories and most important to me without any mods having been done to it. I found one and it arrived today. I'm not using the stock cables, they'll stay in the box. Instead I’m using an OIDIO Mongrel SPC for the moment. Being that the earcups use 3.5mm connectors I have several other boutique cables on hand that I can try when I’m ready for that. Also, I'll listen for a while with the headphones in stock configuration, but I do have a set of grills I can try later if I get the urge.

Only been listening a little while so not really ready for first impression. I started with my Susvara setup - Spring3 KTE / Oor+Hypsos and signal source of roon server via ultraRendu into the DAC. This setup works the Susvara very nicely to my tastes and I thought it would be pretty good with the HE6se v2 - it did not really suck per-say, but after only half dozen tracks or so I was ready to try it on my other chain - Yggdrasil OG / Violectric V550 and similar signal source, roon server into a pi4 w/Allo DigiOne HAT as my roon bridge into the DAC via coax spdif. With this chain the HE6se v2 is more engaging and more to my preferred tastes. I get more now why the excitement over this piece. I have been listening to random tracks from my local library as well as streaming tracks from Qobuz via roon for several hours now. Its a fun piece but I'll have to give it more time and let some of the new toy syndrome settle down before I can give a more objective opinion.
I wonder if your Violectric would have the power to drive them? My V220 (stripped down V281) couldn't do anything with them.

Jul 16, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #1,114 of 2,647
I wonder if your Violectric would have the power to drive them?
The V550 @50 Ohm load can deliver aprox 6.4 watts and does the HE6se v2 nicely to my liking, and without adding any gain via the switches. The V550 can work my Susvara as well and I actually prefer the tone of the V550 vs the OOR, but it lacks a bit of impact (for may tastes). I ended up working the HE6se v2 off the Yggy/V550 chain all the rest of the evening until @ 2am last night and it was an enjoyable experience. This afternoon I'm back on the Spring3/Ferrum and having a better time than I did yesterday.

Jul 17, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #1,115 of 2,647
The Ghetto Sweet Voice, my headphone of Choice!!!
D2DD8A45-2500-41A5-BB37-65A6D6EAA999.jpeg

Jul 20, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #1,116 of 2,647
The Ghetto Sweet Voice, my headphone of Choice!!!
Joe, every time I see your monoblocks in two different colors I think of this

1658352375890.png

Jul 21, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #1,119 of 2,647
Jul 21, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #1,120 of 2,647
has anyone heard the og he-6 vs these? i have the 6 screw he-6 and have heard that it is better than these, but am curious nonetheless to their differences. these don’t have the gold drivers either, do they?

Jul 21, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #1,121 of 2,647
How loud? The quality would be superb in either case. But pricey
og he-6 gets as loud as u want with j2, no limits, i use a gsx mk2 on med gain 1x for volume control / preamp

best amp ive heard for them far, excluding the wa5 (same quality but tube vs solid state) and the hpa5000 (less power but amazing as well)

Jul 21, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #1,122 of 2,647
has anyone heard the og he-6 vs these? i have the 6 screw he-6 and have heard that it is better than these, but am curious nonetheless to their differences. these don’t have the gold drivers either, do they?

6-screws is truly better. But the HE6SEV2 Adorama's price is definitely a steal. Sonically, OG is more refined, and the bass is punchier and deeper. I would say OG is like a middle-aged man knowing how to control his mood and power whenever is needed, while HE6SEV2 is like adolescent children, more fun but also having mood-swing sometimes.

Just my 2 cents.

Jul 21, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #1,123 of 2,647
6-screws is truly better. But the HE6SEV2 Adorama's price is definitely a steal. Sonically, OG is more refined, and the bass is punchier and deeper. I would say OG is like a middle-aged man knowing how to control his mood and power whenever is needed, while HE6SEV2 is like adolescent children, more fun but also having mood-swing sometimes.

Just my 2 cents.

good to know. I have had my he-6 6 screw for over 7 years now and have had no need to upgrade or change anything, I also listen to speakers more now.

that said i’ve thought about selling then and getting a pair of he6se v2 if they are similar enough, but a step down in sound would probably be a no. i love the piano black finish on the og he6 as well. i dont listen to hps as much these days though and with the he-6 getting older and somewhat rare, it has been somethings im considering.

Jul 21, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #1,124 of 2,647

Just my 2 cents.
Soundstage is smaller on the OG. It rings a lot more too. 6SE is more balanced IMO but surely doesn't match the bass impact.

The 500 has a more enjoyable but not as accurate midrange than either, and a wider stage too.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #1,125 of 2,647
good to know. I have had my he-6 6 screw for over 7 years now and have had no need to upgrade or change anything, I also listen to speakers more now.

that said i’ve thought about selling then and getting a pair of he6se v2 if they are similar enough, but a step down in sound would probably be a no. i love the piano black finish on the og he6 as well. i dont listen to hps as much these days though and with the he-6 getting older and somewhat rare, it has been somethings im considering.
I'd keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back