HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Sep 14, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #16 of 2,647
The A&K KANN Alpha outputs 12watts in balanced high gain so I thought that would be more than enough.

I've never had any other headphones that haven't had enough power from the Alpha.
I can run it pretty well off my Dx300 dap (2.7A power on amp11mki, 2A on amp12).
Of course there isn't major headroom, but it does present in a layered fashion and with clean bass.

20210609_181936.jpg

Crazy class A power with current flow in the Ibasso daps.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #18 of 2,647
^^^ I have looked & looked,Adorama price is $1799.00..Found a pair on Fleabay @$795.00...Anyone point me to $599.00?

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 2,647
Sep 15, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #20 of 2,647
Pretty quick delivery on these as I got them today.
20210913_133900~2.jpg

20210913_134016~2.jpg20210913_134154~2.jpg

They are smaller than I thought they would be. EVERY company in the business should ship with XLR and 1/4", except for closed back portables.

Really like the look with a splash of blue. I am starting off with the Liquid Platinum and it is working hard! Past 3:00.
20210913_140637~2.jpg

Final Monday notes. I really liked these on the LP. Nice sound. The LP puts out 4.21W at 56 Ohms. They certainly did not “feel” underpowered.

The V220, in high gain, puts out 2.7W at 50 Ohms. Try this out tomorrow afternoon.

Do we even have the same headphones? I am on DX7 pro XLR out low gain -15db. In high gain it "only" puts out 1.6 W to 50 ohm. While you almost maxed out something puts out more than double the power.

Sep 15, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #21 of 2,647
Do we even have the same headphones? I am on DX7 pro XLR out low gain -15db. In high gain it "only" puts out 1.6 W to 50 ohm. While you almost maxed out something puts out more than double the power.
I've got my He6se at high gain, volume is about 45-50 on Burson Soloist 3xp.... on low gain i have to max volume for it to be good listening volume.

Sep 15, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #22 of 2,647
And I am a quiet listener, as in I rarely go above 70Db's. With the LP, I settled on 2:00 as a nice volume. Of course that moves around a little, depending on the music.

I started using my Violectric V220 in high gain yesterday. High gain at 12:00 was a little underwhelming. I then realized that I had my EQ in the chain and I turned it on. That raised the volume and punch noticeably. My EQ is set as the pic shows. Sounds GREAT to me. I will stick with this combo20210915_114802~2.jpg for a day or two.

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #23 of 2,647
While I am not a huge fan of EQ’ing everything, in this situation, it really works. I think I might like this set-up better than the LP.
I will keep going for today and probably tomorrow.
On Friday, I will hook it up with the Pro iCAN and see what’s up.

Before that I might have to hook it up the LP again. The LP seemed a little harsh a few times. I wrote that up to me adapting to a new sound signature and perhaps a few poor quality passages. Have to go back and confirm as I am now used to, and enjoying, the HE6 sound.

Sep 16, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #24 of 2,647
Since today is my birthday, I decided to jump ahead and plug these into the iFi Pro iCAN. Wow, these are impressive headphones. While they were good with the other amps, these really shine with the iFi.

Very big/full sound and a pretty wide stage, IMO. The bass is present, but not overpowering at all. The mids are the same, present, but not forward. Just strikes me as well balanced headphones.

I am not a loud listener and starting off with high gain and volume ranged from 10:00-11:00. After a few hours I kept backing it down and ended up around 9:00. I then dropped to mid gain and raised it to about 12:00. Perfect.

It kind of reminds me of my Focal Elex's. They are not a bassy headphone, they are not a mids monster and they are not real trebly. But they do the whole package very well.

I think these are a keeper. Very curious to compare them to Elex's and Monoprice M1570's after I am finished A-B'ing amps.

Sep 16, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #25 of 2,647
Since today is my birthday, I decided to jump ahead and plug these into the iFi Pro iCAN. Wow, these are impressive headphones. While they were good with the other amps, these really shine with the iFi.

Very big/full sound and a pretty wide stage, IMO. The bass is present, but not overpowering at all. The mids are the same, present, but not forward. Just strikes me as well balanced headphones.

I am not a loud listener and starting off with high gain and volume ranged from 10:00-11:00. After a few hours I kept backing it down and ended up around 9:00. I then dropped to mid gain and raised it to about 12:00. Perfect.

It kind of reminds me of my Focal Elex's. They are not a bassy headphone, they are not a mids monster and they are not real trebly. But they do the whole package very well.

I think these are a keeper. Very curious to compare them to Elex's and Monoprice M1570's after I am finished A-B'ing amps.
he6se isn't a bassy HP ?!?!?

Sep 16, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #26 of 2,647
Not to me. And I have X-bass maxed out on my amp.

Of course my measure of bassy is the Cascades. The bass is present and accounted for, but it is nowhere near the Cascades. So, with that as my measuring stick...

Sep 16, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #27 of 2,647
This headphone has a satisfying punch without having a high bass shelf. It's known for being punchy; not bassy.

With EQ you can have it do anything. Also it helps to wear it with a loose fit, for more warm bass; not to mod the headband for a suspension one. Keep the solid headband it came with.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #29 of 2,647
I just learned I don't like bass I just like w/e the hell the HE6SE does in the low end ? idk what to say.
It has good, solid bass, but I don't think a basshead would be happy with it.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #30 of 2,647

I actully have both Elex and HE6SEV2 as well, I personally feel HE6 has a more impactful and deeper bass, overall a more impactful and more intense sound with a little more "in your face detail" too. Elex is smoother and a bit more relaxed (but not overly relaxed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back