Hifiman HE6-SE
Feb 6, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #2,701 of 3,880
I don't know what to say but the driver on the right side of my HE6SE from Adoroma just burned. When I put on the headphone a few min ago, I notice the righ side of the headphone is much warmer than the left side and it has static noise when nothing is being played. I started to play some music and I noticed something is wrong and I start the headphone test. In the beginning it seems the issue is just barely noticeable but quickly the righ side totally lost any sound except for static noise. I tried disconnect and let it cool down. Nohting change. I remove the grill and the pad to look for any stuck, it does not seems to stuck on both side.

When people are talking about Hifiman QC, I bought the Sundara and it has no problem for years and that's why I did not hesitate to buy the Adoroma's HE6SE V2 even there were some horrible stories reported here. Well, now it happens to me. I ordered on 1/3 this year and it just past 30 day's return window, how conveniently.

Feb 6, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #2,702 of 3,880
I don't know what to say but the driver on the right side of my HE6SE from Adoroma just burned. When I put on the headphone a few min ago, I notice the righ side of the headphone is much warmer than the left side and it has static noise when nothing is being played. I started to play some music and I noticed something is wrong and I start the headphone test. In the beginning it seems the issue is just barely noticeable but quickly the righ side totally lost any sound except for static noise. I tried disconnect and let it cool down. Nohting change. I remove the grill and the pad to look for any stuck, it does not seems to stuck on both side.

When people are talking about Hifiman QC, I bought the Sundara and it has no problem for years and that's why I did not hesitate to buy the Adoroma's HE6SE V2 even there were some horrible stories reported here. Well, now it happens to me. I ordered on 1/3 this year and it just past 30 day's return window, how conveniently.
Did you reverse the the cable connections to the headphones? I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, and it turned out that the supplied balanced cable was the issue for me.

Feb 6, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #2,703 of 3,880
Did you reverse the the cable connections to the headphones? I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, and it turned out that the supplied balanced cable was the issue for me.
Thanks for the reminder, I checked the cable connections are fine. However, I might be wrong regarding the HE6SE since the problem might originally from my amp. I tried other headphones to test my tube preamp and amp, it seems that all headphones are having problems on righ side when I disconnect the preamp.

The Schiit Magni is the problem, schiit indeed happened!

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #2,704 of 3,880
I checked ebay and did find any custom grills. Thanks for any links you guys might have.

Here's where I got mine: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/265509140370?ViewItem=&item=265509140370

Ah, good to know! Than my comparison to your impressions I did earlier is moot since it was with old "Vegans" that are microsuede. I will add a note to that post mentioning that. Different material = different sound.

Sorry for not realizing this earlier, I've only ever heard people call the microsuede ones the "Audeze Vegans" so I just assumed, which is always a bad idea! :o2smile:

No I'm sorry for using an established name for the microsuede pads for my new style Protein pads. I just figured non-leather was the 'vegan' option not realising the old vegan pads were a different material! These are the pads:

1644217893467.png

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #2,705 of 3,880
Feb 7, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #2,706 of 3,880
Thanks, those look good. But:

Postage:
Doesn't post to Czech Republic | See details

Located in:
Loyalton, California, United States

We actually have a very big 3D printing community here. I'll check the local forums, I guess there should be some people who could help. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #2,708 of 3,880
I was tempted by the price of Elegia, however, most of the reviews are not good and buying this to have a taste of the focal headphones seems to be not a good idea.
I had a very specific use case, closed back for acoustic music only. For that I think these are another real bargain from Adorama.

Feb 8, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #2,709 of 3,880
I was tempted by the price of Elegia, however, most of the reviews are not good and buying this to have a taste of the focal headphones seems to be not a good idea.
I had a pair and thought they were great, could not understand the heat they took. Not fatiguing, not remotely harsh, quite pleasant sounding. Not the last word in detail and objectively not a basshead can, but I found it quite agreeable.

Feb 8, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #2,710 of 3,880
Just received my 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter and I am able to test HE6SE if it was burned by the Schiit amp. It turns out my HE6SE is fine, I found that actually DX160 can drive it, not as loud as I like but pretty decent.

Will ship the Schiit Magni Heresy back for repair, the shipping itself could be 1/3 of the price of Magni (I just paid $35 to ship my UM Mest Mk2 back to MusicTeck, guess it will be similar for Magni).

In the meantime, my wait for Flux FA-10 is more than a month now even though I was told the lead time was 15 working days.

Feb 9, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #2,711 of 3,880
Just got my "new" HE-6SE V2... which appear not new. All seals were broken, both the one on the shipping box in Chinese, and also on the inner Hifiman box. I asked specifically and the seller responded "these are a new, factory sealed headphone." I'm waiting for a response from the seller and if I don't get an appropriate adjustment I'll open a dispute. Can anybody say whether the inner pic is normal? I had thought the cable comes wrapped in a plastic bag. Thanks

Attachments

• broken seal.png
    broken seal.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • hifiman box.png
    hifiman box.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 9, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #2,712 of 3,880
Broken seal is not factory new. Seen a lot of Hifimans in the last years. Broken seal before my eyes was either used or open-box.
Open-Box by Hifiman can be considered new as they are unused, just opened by customs etc.

Adorama? Not so much.

Feb 9, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #2,713 of 3,880
Broken seal is not factory new. Seen a lot of Hifimans in the last years. Broken seal before my eyes was either used or open-box.
Open-Box by Hifiman can be considered new as they are unused, just opened by customs etc.

Adorama? Not so much.
Thanks. He packed the Adorama invoice with it, it doesn't show a price, but it does show the date and order number. So I just emailed Adorama asking whether they sold this as new or if it was a return, open box, etc.

Feb 9, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #2,714 of 3,880
Where did you buy them?

Have you listened to it already?

Feb 9, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #2,715 of 3,880
The guy is claiming everything is opened by customs. I don't think customs breaks seals on inner product boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back