Hifiman HE6-SE
Oct 30, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #2,176 of 3,880
Quick question. I just realized that the right can sounds more closed than the left can when the music is off. As if the left can is an open back set and the right was almost a closed back. The right can isolates more of the outside noise.

When i have music on i cant tell the difference though.

Do you guys know what this is???

Nov 2, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #2,177 of 3,880
Any of you guys tried the HE6se v2 powered by a Schiit Asgard 3? I am wondering if i am losing a lot of its sound by using the Asgard...
Yes. I then compared it to a Jotunheim 2 and it was no contest. The Asgard 3 doesn’t have enough juice, which is why I upgraded to the Jot 2.

Nov 2, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #2,178 of 3,880
Quick question. I just realized that the right can sounds more closed than the left can when the music is off. As if the left can is an open back set and the right was almost a closed back. The right can isolates more of the outside noise.

When i have music on i cant tell the difference though.

Do you guys know what this is???
pop off the grills and make sure your driver isn't touching the magnets
this happened to the first one I got off adorama and I had to return it
what it should look like: https://ibb.co/qMr23Mg
what my broken driver looked like: https://ibb.co/0B4wbdK

Nov 2, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #2,179 of 3,880
pop off the grills and make sure your driver isn't touching the magnets
this happened to the first one I got off adorama and I had to return it
what it should look like: https://ibb.co/qMr23Mg
what my broken driver looked like: https://ibb.co/0B4wbdK
Oh no... I hope this is not the case.

For you was there a distinct difference in the sound as well? Or just this feeling that one cup is more closed than the other while there is no music?

EDIT: Yes i just checked and i have the same problem as you did :frowning2:. Did you have to pay for the return shipping? How was the process for you?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #2,180 of 3,880

For you was there a distinct difference in the sound as well? Or just this feeling that one cup is more closed than the other while there is no music?

EDIT: Yes i just checked and i have the same problem as you did :frowning2:. Did you have to pay for the return shipping? How was the process for you?
Sorry to hear that, yeah it seems to be a major issue with the SEv2. Adorama handled it very well and covered shipping thankfully, you just have to select "item defective" when you submit the return form. You can send it back and they'll send a replacement when they receive it (which was pretty quick for me)

Nov 2, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #2,181 of 3,880

Could you elaborate what is the problem? I can't tell the difference from my naive glance. Thanks

Nov 2, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #2,183 of 3,880
Could you elaborate what is the problem? I can't tell the difference from my naive glance. Thanks
Yep, what gonintendo said.

The effect of that is that when you put the headphones on it, before you turn the music on, you feel like you have a closed back headphone in one ear and an open back headphone in the other ear. Well not exactly like a closed back, but maybe a semi open back.

When the music is on though the difference is subtle.

Nov 2, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #2,184 of 3,880
Yep, what gonintendo said.

The effect of that is that when you put the headphones on it, before you turn the music on, you feel like you have a closed back headphone in one ear and an open back headphone in the other ear. Well not exactly like a closed back, but maybe a semi open back.

When the music is on though the difference is subtle.
yep, sounds similar to my case. at first I thought I had a channel imbalance because I was measuring one side a couple of db louder on a handheld spl meter. The bad side was actually the louder side oddly. It also was very harsh in the treble and had almost no sub-bass compared to the good side.

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #2,185 of 3,880
Hey guys,

I just read a review of the Ether Flow 1.1 on Headphones dot com and I happened to notice that at least the "shape" of the driver housings look similar to the he6se housings. Do you think it's possible to use the Ether Flow headbands with these? (For people who are complaining about the headband. I personally, have no issue with it myself.) Just thought that it would be nice to have another recommendation for people who don't like the band style/look/fit.

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #2,186 of 3,880
Hey guys,

I just read a review of the Ether Flow 1.1 on Headphones dot com and I happened to notice that at least the "shape" of the driver housings look similar to the he6se housings. Do you think it's possible to use the Ether Flow headbands with these? (For people who are complaining about the headband. I personally, have no issue with it myself.) Just thought that it would be nice to have another recommendation for people who don't like the band style/look/fit.
I can't find dimensions of the Ether Flow 1.1 cup so I can't be sure, and there is no way to know the size of the yoke pins/hole without a unit in hand to measure and compare but it looks like it might be possible. However, the main problem with using this headband on the HE6se is how does one go about about getting an Either Flow 1.1 headband without buying an $1800 headphone? I didn't get any relevant hits for buying any of the parts separately when I googled it.

Nov 3, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #2,187 of 3,880
I can't find dimensions of the Ether Flow 1.1 cup so I can't be sure, and there is no way to know the size of the yoke pins/hole without a unit in hand to measure and compare but it looks like it might be possible. However, the main problem with using this headband on the HE6se is how does one go about about getting an Either Flow 1.1 headband without buying an $1800 headphone? I didn't get any relevant hits for buying any of the parts separately when I googled it.
Imagine if Dan Clark Audio won't sell headbands separately? The company started out modding headphones, you'd think he'd be all over that! Haha.

Nov 4, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #2,188 of 3,880
Hey there thread, I just ordered a pair of HE6se V2 and am really looking forward to hearing them. Hoping the balanced outputs on my Liquid Platinum and Monolith 887 have enough power, but I'm just as interested in seeing how they sound with the speaker tap adapter on my R-117.

Anyone have experience with these amps and the HE6se? Would love to have some impressions to color my experience!

Nov 4, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #2,189 of 3,880
Hey there thread, I just ordered a pair of HE6se V2 and am really looking forward to hearing them. Hoping the balanced outputs on my Liquid Platinum and Monolith 887 have enough power, but I'm just as interested in seeing how they sound with the speaker tap adapter on my R-117.

Anyone have experience with these amps and the HE6se? Would love to have some impressions to color my experience!
The Liquid Platinum works well with the HE6se’s. It has a very high gain. You can get more play on the volume dial if your DAC has variable output. I was using the Hugo 2 as my DAC for the LP with very good results.

Nov 5, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #2,190 of 3,880
Holy crap these sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back