Hifiman HE6-SE
Mar 20, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #1,516 of 3,880
I received my eBay honeycomb grills and they look great on my HE6SE V2. If you haven't removed your grills yet, what are you waiting for? Everything sounds even more airy and soundstage seems more wide / 3-Dimensional. These are amazing headphones that keep getting better and better with each upgrade.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #1,517 of 3,880
I received my eBay honeycomb grills and they look great on my HE6SE V2. If you haven't removed your grills yet, what are you waiting for? Everything sounds even more airy and soundstage seems more wide / 3-Dimensional. These are amazing headphones that keep getting better and better with each upgrade.
I thought exposing the planar drivers are not good letting hair and dust get in that can cause driver failure. Is that not the case here? Or is there another protective layer I am not seeing?

Mar 20, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #1,518 of 3,880
I have a Sundara as well and am thinking about doing the headband swap. The v2 headband just falls off my head, there’s no clamp whatsoever. It’s comfy but I’m not getting the best seal. For anyone that’s done it? Is it as simple as unscrewing the cups and swapping? I’m no handyman and I’m definitely scared doing surgery on my headphones. Need some confirmation that it’s easy to do, even for an inept DIYer.

Mar 20, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #1,519 of 3,880
I have a Sundara as well and am thinking about doing the headband swap. The v2 headband just falls off my head, there’s no clamp whatsoever. It’s comfy but I’m not getting the best seal. For anyone that’s done it? Is it as simple as unscrewing the cups and swapping? I’m no handyman and I’m definitely scared doing surgery on my headphones. Need some confirmation that it’s easy to do, even for an inept DIYer.
theres two destructive cuts with tin snips involved on the $40 yoke kits, otherwise yes.

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #1,523 of 3,880
Sorry not sure I understand, I want to swap with the headband on my Sundara, not from a different kit. Would there be any cutting involved?
Oh I thought it was mentioned that the Sundara hybrid headband wouldn’t work on the HE6SE V2 cups. I’ll double check.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #1,525 of 3,880
I believe that's the one I saw that folks are using with the v2, yes.

Mar 21, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,526 of 3,880

Think he discussed it in this video.

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #1,527 of 3,880

Think he discussed it in this video.

Thanks for linking that video. I might have to give that hybrid headband a try. The stock band can irritate a spot on the top of my head. Also thinking about those dekoni sheepskin elite pads...

I’m still a little nervous about running the honeycomb grill with no cloth, going to try to pull the cloth off stock grills and attach them to the honeycomb.

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #1,528 of 3,880
The Sundara/Hybrid headband is my least favorite of the hifiman headbands. It doesn't rotate at all, so if your head shape isnt the ideal shape for that headband, it may be painful and clampy.

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,529 of 3,880
The Sundara/Hybrid headband is my least favorite of the hifiman headbands. It doesn't rotate at all, so if your head shape isnt the ideal shape for that headband, it may be painful and clampy.
Yeah you’re right about the no rotation. That’s a weird design choice. I have a skinny head and big body lol. Kind of like a goomba from Mario Brothers lol. Sundara headband actually feels really good on me for some reason. I’m think I might just pad roll to something thicker first before I start screwing around with the headband swaps. Maybe I’ll get better clamp that way.

I know you’ve done some pad experimenting, which have been your favorite? I’m looking for some more bass quantity/impact, would the dekoni elites fit the bill?

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #1,530 of 3,880
If I was looking to swap headbands, I'd probably go with the Audeze setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back