Hifiman HE6-SE
Mar 17, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #1,486 of 3,876
Got my he6se from adorama today with only one working driver, so disappointing
Damn that sucks! I guess you already tried swapping the L & R cables.

Mar 17, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #1,488 of 3,876
Got my he6se from adorama today with only one working driver, so disappointing
Sorry to hear that bud, we're looking forward to your impressions. I've had great luck with Adorama, and Hifiman customer service, so hopefully they get you taken care of relatively fast.

Either way, let us know how it turns out. I'm loving my He6se v2 so whatever you gotta do to get a working pair, I think it'll be worth it in the end.

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #1,490 of 3,876
Hopefully I'll get a replacement within a week or so, the crappie part is that what I can hear from one ear out of my bifrost2/jot2 sounds really good. I feel like the headphone gods are teasing me right now 😅

Will it be the cable inside the house that connects the headphone jack to the driver? This seems the weakest link when I open the grill.

Of course the driver failure is the first suspect.

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #1,491 of 3,876
What's the consensus on which headband is more comfortable [v1 or v2]?

Mar 18, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #1,492 of 3,876
I like the V2 headband personally. If the V1 headband was more like the ones that come on the HEKse’s or Susvara then I would prefer that one on the HE6se’s.

Mar 18, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #1,493 of 3,876

At first I thought v2 was more comfortable, however after some time of listening I have a headspot with v2 that I didn’t have with v1 : I don’t know if we can install v1 headband on HE6se v2.

As Slim1970 said, I would love to have my HE6se v2 with a Susvara headband.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #1,495 of 3,876
I have my audeze yoke kit/extended rods/carbon headband coming should be here next week monday
Seems like a neat mod. But I don't see yoke kit. I only see the extended rods and carbon headband on the Audeze site. I have a v1 HE-6SE otw and am stoked! I'll be using it with a Jot 2 and Liquid Platinum. I have heard that the Jot 2 is a pretty good pairing, but what about the Liquid Platinum? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #1,496 of 3,876

Personally, prefer the V1 by quite a bit. The V2 I tend to have to adjust the location on the skull that gets to be slightly annoying. Going to do the Audeze headband/yoke swap soon.............may start with taking the LCD-2C apart and make the swap, then get the stuff to make the LCD-2C back to stock.

Mar 18, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #1,497 of 3,876
Seems like a neat mod. But I don't see yoke kit. I only see the extended rods and carbon headband on the Audeze site. I have a v1 HE-6SE otw and am stoked! I'll be using it with a Jot 2 and Liquid Platinum. I have heard that the Jot 2 is a pretty good pairing, but what about the Liquid Platinum? Any thoughts?
If you've owned a audeze headphone and can provide proof you can order the yoke kit that's the only official way through audeze. I've never heard the jot 2 or liquid play.

Mar 18, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #1,498 of 3,876
Mar 18, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #1,499 of 3,876
I haven't heard the Jot2, but the LP (w/ CBS 5814A's) sounds pretty nice with my modded HE-6 4-screw. It loses a bit to my Bryston 3B-ST when it comes to depth and spaciousness as well as bass slam and control. Still, they are not too far apart as implied by their respective MSRP's ($799 vs. $1599) (diminishing returns and all), but I definitely hear a difference between the two. I purchased the LP while on one of its super sales and my friend picked up my 3B-ST for a song when a local JC AV department was liquidating their gear. Still, the 3B-ST is one of my friend's endgame amp for the HE-6. As for my other headphone amps (Darkvoice, Magni 3, and THX AAA 789), I didn't like my HE-6 on them. Tbh, I haven't listened to them on my CTH much since that's only 1W at 50ohms.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #1,500 of 3,876
Just ordered the yokes and carbon fiber headband for my HE-6SE direct from Audeze.com.............no request for serial number of my LCD-2C and had both in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back