Hifiman HE6-SE
Mar 15, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #1,471 of 3,876
I just got a Susvara.... so I probably will be spending less time with the HE6SE V2, but I will say that the SE V2 and Susvara are pretty similar if not almost identical in general tonality and balance, but you're getting a small improvement in resolution, dynamics, small mid-range and bass performance improvements, a bit more upper treble extension, air and soundstage. It's small but its present. The build is also a little better, and it's lighter weight. But HE6SE V2 can stand its own very well!
Hey there. This sounds like I should probably get one of these HE6SE's. :) I'm not ready to shill out for the Susvara just yet because I just got the 1266 TC but maybe this would give me a great taste of the Susvara for some time to come. It sort of sounds like a little EQ would probably help me fill out most of the missing pieces except sound stage and the tiny bit of dynamics and resolution (if a little treble boost doesn't fill out the perception to my ears). What do you think? Should I just stick to the TC and wait a long while for my next kilo-buck headphone?

Thanks for reading this!

Mar 15, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #1,472 of 3,876
Does anyone know if the ZMF be2 pads will fit?

Mar 15, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #1,473 of 3,876
Does anyone know if the ZMF be2 pads will fit?
It will be a little bigger, so if you dont mind it sticking out a little bit you can get it to work with the adapter.

Hey there. This sounds like I should probably get one of these HE6SE's. :) I'm not ready to shill out for the Susvara just yet because I just got the 1266 TC but maybe this would give me a great taste of the Susvara for some time to come. It sort of sounds like a little EQ would probably help me fill out most of the missing pieces except sound stage and the tiny bit of dynamics and resolution (if a little treble boost doesn't fill out the perception to my ears). What do you think? Should I just stick to the TC and wait a long while for my next kilo-buck headphone?

Thanks for reading this!
The susvara is definitely a better headphone, imo, than the HE6SE V2, but they do sound like they're related to each other and the sus is a the next logical step along the way. There's quite a few people in the Sus thread who own both 1266 and the Susvara! I've only had one opportunity to listen to the Abyss and it didnt really fit my head well without some extra bending of the headband which I wasnt going to do on someone else's headphones!

Mar 15, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #1,474 of 3,876
with some washers the audeze headband will go straight on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...ducing_the_audiman_lcd500_with_special_guest/

You can get all the yoke kit from any dealer you have a relationship with or straight from audeze support if you are an audeze owner.

https://bloomaudio.com/products/audeze-universal-yoke-replacement-kit example, hifi heaven used to sell them but they seem to have stopped in the last week, but any dealer can order the part (1079-KT) for you
I just wanted to add that HiFi Heaven isn't selling them anymore because Audeze said they couldn't fulfill their re-order to restock the yoke kits. I don't know if Bloom Audio is in the same boat. I guess Audeze needs all the parts they can get.

Mar 16, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #1,476 of 3,876
The Source AV got me one, call them. Bloom will also have stock at the end of the month
Source AV? Who are they? if you don't mind me asking. I'll definitely buy one from Bloom if need be. Thank you for the information.

Edit: Source AV being a HiFi store in California. I googled and found the answer I think is correct.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #1,479 of 3,876
I got my B-stock Schiit Modius in earlier today (I can't see any blemishes so must have been a return) and have been listening to the it connected to the Jotunheim 2 via XLR cables and all I can say is WOW.

Low gain on the Jot 2 with this combo I usually have my volume knob set from 10-12'oclock for the balanced sweet spot.

I'm not even sure if I'll even upgrade to the Bifrost 2 for awhile since now I'm set and very happy with my upgrade. I'm probably going to give my previous setup of Hot Audio DAC Extasy + Asgard 3 + HE-400 to a family member to enjoy.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #1,480 of 3,876
I got my B-stock Schiit Modius in earlier today (I can't see any blemishes so must have been a return) and have been listening to the it connected to the Jotunheim 2 via XLR cables and all I can say is WOW.

Low gain on the Jot 2 with this combo I usually have my volume knob set from 10-12'oclock for the balanced sweet spot.

I'm not even sure if I'll even upgrade to the Bifrost 2 for awhile since now I'm set and very happy with my upgrade. I'm probably going to give my previous setup of Hot Audio DAC Extasy + Asgard 3 + HE-400 to a family member to enjoy.
Kind of opposites in setup here then lmao with my Bifrost into Asgard 3

I think asgard and jot both do pretty phenomenally with he6se, would you agree?

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #1,481 of 3,876
Kind of opposites in setup here then lmao with my Bifrost into Asgard 3

I think asgard and jot both do pretty phenomenally with he6se, would you agree?

I feel like the Asgard powers the HE6SE V2 at the minimum needed to sound good (high gain only with not much volume control). You get more volume control with the Jot 2 if using low gain and everything sounds balanced in a linear fashion. High gain seems to make the sound more V-shaped with less volume control.

You're going to love the upgrade to balanced output of the Jot 2 once you upgrade. Both the Modius and Bifrost 2 output 4W RMS balanced vs. 2W RMS unbalanced.

I always felt that your budget for a headphone setup should be spent in the order of:
1. Headphones
2. Amplifier
3. DAC

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #1,482 of 3,876
I feel like the Asgard powers the HE6SE V2 at the minimum needed to sound good (high gain only with not much volume control). You get more volume control with the Jot 2 if using low gain and everything sounds balanced in a linear fashion. High gain seems to make the sound more V-shaped with less volume control.

You're going to love the upgrade to balanced output of the Jot 2 once you upgrade. Both the Modius and Bifrost 2 output 4W RMS balanced vs. 2W RMS unbalanced.
I tried my HE-6 on a jot2 at the schiitr and really only noticed the volume headroom difference, felt both had equal presentations with asgard being slightly warmer

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #1,484 of 3,876
I tried my HE-6 on a jot2 at the schiitr and really only noticed the volume headroom difference, felt both had equal presentations with asgard being slightly warmer

Well at least you had a chance to try stuff out at the Schiitr! Sounds like something I'd like to do someday when I make my way down to SoCal again.

The Asgard 3 is definitely warmer-sounding than the Jot 2 but there's something else that the Jot 2 improves on over the Asgard 3 besides just the volume headroom difference. I can only attribute that to the extra power and what Purrin on SBAF says, "In a nutshell, the Jotunheim 2 sounds a lot like the Freya S / Aegir combination I have for my speaker rig. Really not surprising when the Jotunheim 2 incorporates the two aspects of those separate pieces and puts them into a single package."

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #1,485 of 3,876
Well at least you had a chance to try stuff out at the Schiitr! Sounds like something I'd like to do someday when I make my way down to SoCal again.

The Asgard 3 is definitely warmer-sounding than the Jot 2 but there's something else that the Jot 2 improves on over the Asgard 3 besides just the volume headroom difference. I can only attribute that to the extra power and what Purrin on SBAF says, "In a nutshell, the Jotunheim 2 sounds a lot like the Freya S / Aegir combination I have for my speaker rig. Really not surprising when the Jotunheim 2 incorporates the two aspects of those separate pieces and puts them into a single package."
Maybe I'll pick one up and give it some more time, would be nice to trim down the desk setup at least and go from bifrost - speaker amp - asgard to just bifrost - jotunheim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back