Hifiman HE6-SE
Mar 4, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #1,366 of 3,880
What pads would you say you like the best on them personally? I've heard great things about the Dekoni THxxx Hybrids myself, considering grabbing a pair, haven't pad rolled myself though

I use the Focus Pads from Hifiman.

I haven't tried the Dekoni Elite Hybrid pads made for Hifiman on the HE6SE v2 yet, but I liked them a lot for the HE560. For those, it made the low end a little more lifted, and the pinna region (2-6KHz) slightly tamer. I imagine they'd be quite nice with this set as well, but I dont have one with me to try.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #1,367 of 3,880
Mar 4, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #1,368 of 3,880
okay.

All measurements are using the honeycomb ebay grill.

Black - Stock Pali Pads
Green - Dekoni TH600 Elite Hybrids
Red - Deafen Hybrid
Blue - Dekoni Hifiman Elite Leather

Also note, I use the Hifiman Focus Pads, and they measure nearly identical to the default Pali Pads. I prefer the Focus pads for comfort -- they are less itchy!

I did do some more measurements using various ZMF pads before I sold them, but they just made the dip worse, and ruined the treble or mids. These were the pads made for his Verite, which are larger diameter, so the pads didn't fit super well either. (i.e. Universe pads, Verite pads, BE2 pads)
Which one of those is the one that came with the Adorama Blue He6se v2?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #1,370 of 3,880
Oh so I already have the better option. Until antdroid tries that Dekoni Elite Hybrid.

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #1,372 of 3,880
Awesome info antdroid, thanks for taking the time to measure and graph the different pads. I've never heard of deafen, but I like the looks of the bass bump, I tried googling them, but I do see a few different versions on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Defean-Replacement-Leatherette-Hifiman-Headphones/dp/B08C7483JT or https://www.amazon.com/Thicker-Cushion-Replacement-Massdrop-Headphones/dp/B07TCGRDK2?th=1

The ear holes do look a little small though, so a little hesitant to give them a try.

I ordered a pair of the Defean fine velours............and the earhole is TINY. Put it on the HE-6SE and after 10 minutes took them off. Sound was degraded big time. YMMV
Back to the Audeze Vegans.........

Mar 4, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #1,375 of 3,880
Have Dekoni TH900 hybrids coming, got my bifrost to add to my asgard and jlh1969 in the stack, loving it so far
I have the Asgard 3 too. I’m definitely going to upgrade to a more powerful amp in the future. But how’s the Asgard 3 + HE6SE? I pulled the trigger based off of your earlier post.

And how’s the JLH1969 + HE6SE? Can you please link me the one you bought?

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #1,376 of 3,880
I have the Asgard 3 too. I’m definitely going to upgrade to a more powerful amp in the future. But how’s the Asgard 3 + HE6SE? I pulled the trigger based off of your earlier post.

And how’s the JLH1969 + HE6SE? Can you please link me the one you bought?
Both are actually pretty great pairings to me, and I got mine off a guy second hand

Both have very similar warm presentations and provide pretty ample power, jlh just has better volume headroom which works well with my eqs since I need to drop the software preamp

I should probably try and grab a bigger speaker amp to see if there is any big improvements, but I don't think there will be outside of different sonic characteristics of different amps

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,377 of 3,880
I must have ordered one of the few remaining HE6SE's from Adorama since they're back up to full price now and on backorder until 8/15/21. Good thing I ordered last night. This is going to be a very long week as I wait for the shipment to arrive.

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #1,378 of 3,880
I must have ordered one of the few remaining HE6SE's from Adorama since they're back up to full price now and on backorder until 8/15/21. Good thing I ordered last night. This is going to be a very long week as I wait for the shipment to arrive.
I think you'll be happy with them with the Asgard, if you want to upgrade try vintage amps like an adcom 535

Mar 5, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #1,379 of 3,880
Got mine today. Really like them with open grills
IMG_5312.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back