1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman HE6-SE

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ufospls2, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last
  1. GU1DO
    Thankfully i got my HE6se with the speaker adapter and the extra shiiity pads , from Adorma

[​IMG]

2. nahpungnome

Awesome, did you get an outer box that had a Chinese sticker on there or just a generic box? The reason I ask is because I received a generic box with English words on it, but in the past my Hifiman purchases came in a box with Chinese lettering...I'm beginning to wonder if mine was a used copy....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  3. GU1DO
    i am really sorry to hear that ,, i got the box with Chinese sticker inside Adorma box ,, here how i got it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. nahpungnome
    Thanks, I definitely think now that I got a used copy....I'll be contacting Adorama now...I didn't get the box with the Chinese sticker on it like you did.

5. GU1DO
    you should and please don't hesitate to contact me, i will try my best to help , i can provide the order # or any details you need

kid vic, nahpungnome and Turdski like this.
  6. nahpungnome
    Aside from my Adorama drama, how are you enjoying your HE6s? I enjoy mine very much...I'm torn whether I like them more than my Auteurs or not. How do they compare with your 1000SEs?

7. nahpungnome
    So Hifiman was great and sent me my missing adapter and extra pads. I called Adorama to let them know I received them from Hifiman directly, so they don't need to try to get them and ship me out a second batch of missing items. However, I told them I still think I received an open box item since I didn't receive the outer Hifiman box with the stickers on it, just the main product box inside a shipping box as pictured. I asked them for a partial refund since I was sold an open box item as new, but we'll see if they do anything about it.

8. GU1DO
    Thats great ,,Hifiman support are the best , i hope you get an extra refund
    about your question , i am sorry i forgot to answer, i didnt give my HE6se a good listen ,
    it is still under burning ,, once i have a good impression i will share here :)

kid vic likes this.
  9. nahpungnome
    Adorama got back to me and according to them, it was Hifiman that opened the box to replace the headband because they were too tight and assured me that they were brand new. They offered me $50 partial refund and I accepted. Thanks again for your help!

GU1DO likes this.
  10. SilverEars
    I tried a couple of headphone amps lately, Phonitor X and Bryston BHA-1. I think Bryston drives it better, and it shows in the imaging. The most impressive part of this headphone for me is the imaging when driven well. think with HE-6, how well it's driven will show in the imaging. It's hard to predict what amp will unleash it's potential, still looking for the right amp that really grips the driver. BHA-1 is no slouch though. Bryston has got to be under-rating their power, or is giving correct power info.

Compared to the new Hifimans, these got heft and impact.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Oregonian likes this.
  11. kernel8888
    @SilverEars thats exactly what I’ve found- imaging is a direct indicator of a well driven he-6

a lot of people speak about glaring treble or weak bass (Which gets true as the volume increases) but I don’t really hear that at lower sound levels- the sound signature is pretty much the same when driven from my iPhone

but the imaging gets pinpoint when driven from my dac/emotiva xpa2 direct off speaker taps

12. xuhanyu23
    This is a really great headphone

13. Oregonian
    If you get an opportunity to hear these from the speaker taps of a vintage amp.......................do so. It's remarkable how good they sound and the bass is visceral. Just like the HE-6 I owned in the past, it's an experience to be heard.

kid vic likes this.
  14. omniweltall
    More impressions please.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  15. SilverEars
    Any recommendation on high performing vintage that easy to get a hold of? I want something integrated with volume control. I tried passive and active pre-amps with J2, and didn't like the sounds out of it. I think perhaps Nelson Pass doesn't put out the sound I like. His amps sound wamer than I prefer. I like clarity and tightness to sounds. I tried HPA-1 from Pass labs and didn't like what it did to the Stellia, warming up the mids to the point of reducing clarity.

Other than that, I was surprised recently with trying out HE-6 out of the BHA-1 again. It sounds crystal clear and tight, with bass really tight and impactful. I did recently upgrade my DAC though. I got a Yggy A2 now. HE-6 does seem to scale or at least react to what has changed. Trying out fast electronic music, I can hear HE-6 driver being gripped well out of BHA-1. Question is, how much better can it get? If it gets better, it would certainly be interesting.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last