1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiMan HE4XX

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ProtegeManiac, Aug 2, 2017.
First

Back
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Next

Last
  1. Mhog55
    What do you prefer about the HD 58X over the HE4XX? I'm just curious, as I have the Sennheiser, and am considering the Hifiman

ngs428 likes this.
  2. turbomustang84
    the best answer is when listening to live albums of Bands I have had the privilege of seeing live like the who ,Helmet and Tool and the HE-4XX just sounded nothing like the band live and the 58X accurately reproduced what I remembered.
    not that the 4XX sounded bad just not quite right but still is one I will keep for its unique sound

omniweltall and displayname like this.
  3. riffrafff
    I have both the 4XX and the 6XX. I find myself listening to the 6XX more often. I don't plan on selling the 4XX, though...sometimes it's a fun change of pace. :metal::metal:

Philimon, omniweltall and displayname like this.
  4. turbomustang84
    I'm keeping my 4XX also it has sound Qualities that make me like it and even made me curious about the HE-500

riffrafff likes this.
  5. Joong
    Planar attrations are certainly there, fast, deep subbass, extended high; whereas there are attration of dyanmic phones which are high dynamic range, impact, and thick mids.
    One bad thing of planar is the relative high price which is not scale up with the sonic quality.

displayname likes this.
  6. Mhog55
    True. The 58X reminds me of some concerts I've attended - somewhat anyways

7. turbomustang84
    it's funny although I've had Headphones that at their time were considered good I really never thought they compared to my home speakers.
    I even bought a set of Maggies speakers that are also planar based and sent them back to the store because they just had no low end impact.
    it took a sub $200 Headphones the HE-4XX to really change my mind on the technology

displayname and riffrafff like this.
  8. chimney189
    I'm finally able to give the HE-4XX a listen!
    I'll be comparing these to the HD 660S..

Be back in a few!

By the way, I used to own the HE-500 .. they were way too heavy for me.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    displayname and omniweltall like this.
  9. chimney189
  10. omniweltall
    Damn...that's one fugly mofo!

11. ngs428
    Mine just arrived today! Balanced cable is on the way.

What is a good hard or soft case for these?

12. BrotherKathos
    I havent tried them on the hifiman, but I got a pair for my Sennheiser HD558 and 598 Cs and I did notice a difference in sound quality over the stock 3m cord. The NF cord had much better controlled bass. That was the most noticeable difference. The stock cord had that dirty bass reminiscent of old cerwin vegas and the NF cord was more like a sealed SVS sub in comparison.

13. ngs428
    Sounds good. I should have by the end of the week, so I will be able to give them a try then.

14. chimney189
    EDIT: never mind

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  15. ngs428
First

Back
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Next

Last