1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiMan HE4XX

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ProtegeManiac, Aug 2, 2017.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. SeEnCreaTive
    Well, after years of tweeking, turns out it's the drivers of my t50rps... So I was literally ordering a new pair for mine....

Then I got the email for the 4xx.... Same price as new t50rps drivers sooooooooooo

Both xD

Pretty excited to get a trueish taste of othros. (Apperently my yh100s nor my open alphas count)

2. muffins
    I'm just curious on which model of 400 it takes most after. Tyll seems to think it's most similar to the 400i. Idk if we'll ever get a successor to the original 400 though xD

3. TomBombadil
    If I want to run these balanced off of my ponoplayer what kind of cables would I need?

4. sheldaze
    TomBombadil likes this.
  5. TomBombadil
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  6. MyRuinedEye
    How would these pair with a Schiit Magni/Modi Uber 2 stack?

I have my HD650s which I love, but I can't find an answer as to whether these would be worth getting as my first pair of planar.

7. sheldaze
    Yes, and absolutely! Pono works best balanced.

But until someone has the HE4XX, it is hard to make further comment. I recall enjoying HE400i more through the balanced Pono outputs. But it wasn't as large as the delta, single-ended into HD650, versus balanced into HD650.

TomBombadil likes this.
  8. canali
    i've never had planars before...are these decent sounding for the price...or better to spend 1k or so
    to really step things up in SQ?

9. muffins
    No one really knows what these sound like yet except Tyll https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/massdrop-x-hifiman-he4xx-planar-magnetic-headphones
    so we can't say how good they are for the price yet (though Massdrop has a pretty good track record with its collaborations). So between lack of reviews, your budget and sound preference, I can't tell you if you should jump on them. If they are good though, $169 will be a steal :p
    TL;DR YMMV

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  10. JKDJedi
    +1!! Same here..Holidays are already food to me, HD6xx and now the HE4XX...Nice!!

jaco61 likes this.
  11. ubs28
    I don't have a planar headphone yet and $170 is a small gamble on a headphone I have never heard before. Not sure if I should join this drop or not :p

12. marwanpro
  13. junki

trellus, rocksteady65 and wega03 like this.
  14. Tompie913
    I've been considering getting in on this, but I'm wondering how much of an upgrade it will be compared to my K550 MkIIs. I also highly value isolation and soundstage. Obviously these have no isolation, and from what I've read planar magnetics don't have great soundstage - I suspect it's less than the K550 despite being open-back.

15. MegaMushroom
    I was in the same boat. Decided to jump ship, and get em without thinking. Guess my tax return got to my head. :p

With that in mind, I'd assume the Schiit Stack should work just fine with these cans. Looking to get new uhhh... "casual cans" for more casual listening as I've started finding my Audio-Technicas a bit harsh for my liking the past few months. Personally I'm quite excited since these will be my first planar magnetic headphones. I remember when I joined the community that these headphones were fairly pie in the sky expensive and difficult to drive. Now 170, and can be run of potatoes. Lovely age we live in.

Also in the eternal words of Tom and Donna, "Treat yo self."

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last