1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiMan HE4XX

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ProtegeManiac, Aug 2, 2017.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. Beau Cauchemar
    So I tried the hair roller mod tonight (with current mods, ZMF Ori pads, 120hours burn in, grill mod) and I feel like it makes them borderline too bass-oriented.

The bass is quality but it was nearly fatiguing given the impact and quantity. It definitely was stealing a bit of the show away from the rest of the spectrum. Makes me wonder what the perforated sheepskin Ori pads with the hair rollers might achieve though. As of now I took them out and definitely enjoy them more this way. Plenty satisfied with the low end, especially the balance it achieves with out the additional mod (hair rollers.) It does make them a tad more intimate with just the Ori’s although any positive soundstage/imaging changes with the rollers were somewhat lost to the bass impact/amount increase.

But for those looking to get more bass...ZMF Ori pads + hair roller mod won’t leave you wanting for more low end.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Philimon and jaco61 like this.
  2. Yevgen Chupak
    Philimon and jaco61 like this.
  3. FastAndClean
    no, send them back

jaco61 likes this.
  4. jaco61
    ..uiui qc is on vacation

5. Yevgen Chupak
  6. FastAndClean
  7. Yevgen Chupak
    I kinda disappointed is MassDrop QA or this is HM?
    But if i will be able to refund and forget about this cans i will be really glad...

8. FastAndClean
    hifiman are famous for not very good build quality, the sound is where the money's at

Yevgen Chupak likes this.
  9. Yevgen Chupak
  10. Letmebefrank
    Mine have the exact same problem but only in the left cup, mine are like #0465 or something.

11. Yevgen Chupak
    Did you write to MD support? Any reply?

12. Letmebefrank
    Sent them a ticket, I'll let you know what happens.

13. dgindlespergerd
    Open mine this morning, sound great out on the box....merry Christmas

14. Yevgen Chupak
    tnx

15. Yevgen Chupak
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last