Hifiman HE1000-SE
Oct 20, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #1,306 of 5,189
Hi everyone, I am getting those soon and want to get a carrying case and I was wondering if their dimensions are identical to the previous HEK and Arya.

Also if anyone know a good carrying case please share its link/name.
Compared to the v1 they are the same.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Oct 23, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #1,309 of 5,189
Hifiman hekse vs Susvara? I know it’s probably been asked many times, I’m not reading all of these pages lol

From my research before buying the HEKse:
The Susvara is a LOT harder to drive (~100 times harder), more spacious, laid back and smooth sounding.

Oct 23, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #1,310 of 5,189
I actually preferred my HE1000v2 over my Susvara, which I recently sold. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I enjoy them more.

I demoed the two years ago at an audio show and felt the exact same way. I'm sure I'd feel differently if I had my speaker amp driving both.

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #1,311 of 5,189
Hifiman hekse vs Susvara? I know it’s probably been asked many times, I’m not reading all of these pages lol
Like you, I loved the Susvara at Can Jam, but after hearing about how hard it is to drive and the fact that it can never be portable (on a non desktop setup), I have pretty much given up on this version of the Susvara. I will wait for a V2, in whatever form it comes in.

I know @jlbrach recently made the switch from Susvara to HEK SE.

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #1,313 of 5,189
I demoed the two years ago at an audio show and felt the exact same way. I'm sure I'd feel differently if I had my speaker amp driving both.
I drove my Susvara with my WA33 W/upgraded tubes all around and thought maybe I was missing something too? I heard the Susvara 2x in another members house driven by the Pass Labs x150.8 which for me only confirmed I wasn't missing anything with a speaker amp. As explained by @nishan99 above, the Susvara was too laid back & smooth for my tastes. Yes it has a more spacious sound than the v2 but the v2 isn't lacking for me at all in this department. Although I haven't heard the SE, right now I'm enjoy the v2 so much that I'm in no rush at all to compare but I will eventually do this.

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1,314 of 5,189
My one experience when demoing the susvara was it was the most "transparent" headphone I have ever heard

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #1,315 of 5,189
I drove my Susvara with my WA33 W/upgraded tubes all around and thought maybe I was missing something too? I heard the Susvara 2x in another members house driven by the Pass Labs x150.8 which for me only confirmed I wasn't missing anything with a speaker amp. As explained by @nishan99 above, the Susvara was too laid back & smooth for my tastes. Yes it has a more spacious sound than the v2 but the v2 isn't lacking for me at all in this department. Although I haven't heard the SE, right now I'm enjoy the v2 so much that I'm in no rush at all to compare but I will eventually do this.

Interesting, I find my LCD-3 to be bordering on too laid back and too smooth. If it's any further than that is I probably wouldn't like it and that would explain a lot.

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #1,316 of 5,189
The Susvara is a very enjoyable listen, for sure.
I just found that for my tastes it lacked excitement and the impact of percussion instruments I thought it would have. Everything was neutral which becomes boring for me. This is why I thought I was missing something with the WA33, but again, I wasn't missing anything after hearing it powered by the Pass and realized it's the nature of the Susvara that wasn't for me, not the amplification in my case.

I've never heard the LCD-3 so I can't comment on a compare them to each other.
I've only owned the LCD-X at one point for a short time and they weren't for me at all.

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #1,317 of 5,189
I’ve had my HE-1000SE for over a year now, and it’s still the best headphone I’ve owned. I have no regrets about upgrading from the HEKv2. I sold my Amiron and Elear after I upgraded. I kept my HEX, but never use it, so I may sell that as well.

With regard to other planars, I can’t handle the weight of Audeze headphones and the Ether 2 is too warm for me.

My headphone setup is pretty decent, but i think that when I can afford to upgrade, I’ll get even more performance out of the HEKse.

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #1,318 of 5,189
I’ve had my HE-1000SE for over a year now, and it’s still the best headphone I’ve owned. I have no regrets about upgrading from the HEKv2. I sold my Amiron and Elear after I upgraded. I kept my HEX, but never use it, so I may sell that as well.

With regard to other planars, I can’t handle the weight of Audeze headphones and the Ether 2 is too warm for me.

My headphone setup is pretty decent, but i think that when I can afford to upgrade, I’ll get even more performance out of the HEKse.
I agree with you.
I’ve had my hekse for 3 months after having owned the hekv2 for 3 months. Mind you I would have been happy to have just stuck with the v2 if there was no hekse.

having said that when i am not looking for all the detail that the hekse presents and looking for some forgiveness in music that might be a bit too harsh/bright then the empyrean that i have sits really well next the hekse.

Not that i would pay full retail for the empy. I paid just over $2k usd (ex demo) and they make a great pair though I don’t expect everyone to like both or either of these hps. And a silver cable from norne and/or a slight boost around 1k helps bring the empy to where i best like it

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #1,319 of 5,189
Yes, @thecrow , poorly recorded music can be painful to listen to with the HEKse. I find that upsampling to DSD and/or using a NOS filter on a DAC helps some. Fortunately, most of the music I listen to is not compressed or brickwalled to within an inch of its life. :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #1,320 of 5,189
I agree with you.
I’ve had my hekse for 3 months after having owned the hekv2 for 3 months. Mind you I would have been happy to have just stuck with the v2 if there was no hekse.

having said that when i am not looking for all the detail that the hekse presents and looking for some forgiveness in music that might be a bit too harsh/bright then the empyrean that i have sits really well next the hekse.

Not that i would pay full retail for the empy. I paid just over $2k usd (ex demo) and they make a great pair though I don’t expect everyone to like both or either of these hps. And a silver cable from norne and/or a slight boost around 1k helps bring the empy to where i best like it
The HEK SE and the Empyrean are a great combination. I also like to throw the Verite too into that mix. The HEK is a great analytical HP and with it feel absolutely no need to buy the Utopia. The Empy is when you want to listen to some badly recorded music and chill. The Verite is like the Empy's dynamic brother. I do miss having the Empy permanently and hope to get another one soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back