Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jan 17, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #258 of 5,189
Jan 17, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #259 of 5,189
That is a good read! I really enjoyed the care taken to explain in detail the reasoning behind each rating. I'm not surprised at the outcome; though a winner was picked, for me the most significant conclusion is there are some superb headphones available without one completely dominating in performance.

Nice!
+1 for 1000se

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #261 of 5,189

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #262 of 5,189
eDmhMtX.jpg

Drivers of the V2 and the SE

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #264 of 5,189
So those are stealth magnets i suppose? Drivers look like they have much more space to breath in SE, Should be much cleaner sounding right?
i don't speak french but i understand some words , he say that the V2 have bigger sound stage and better instruments separation and it is smoother headphone ,, on the other hand , the SE has better details , transparency , and less colored tone which make it more truthful to the real sound , and he prefer the SE but have no problem having both.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #265 of 5,189
Lively this tread.............................................not.?

I upgraded my Hifiman HE1000 V2 to Hifiman HE1000se. I have only played my HE1000se for around 40 hours up to now. Much better sounding now than direct from the box, but not better than my old HE1000 V2, yet. What I’m missing from the Hifiman HE1000 V2 is the sweet upper mids, big airy soundstage and better transient speed. My experience with other headphones taught me that burn in can change some HPs a lot, so let’s see/hear what some more burn in will result in.

Hifiman HE1000se is much better looking than Hifiman HE1000 V2 and sound smother too.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #266 of 5,189
The mids are changing a lot with more burn in. For me they sounded much thinner in the beginning and the kept on changing up to 200 hours. But the biggest changes came after changing the stock cable to a high end aftermarket cable (Norne Einvaldi).

Jan 19, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #267 of 5,189
The mids are changing a lot with more burn in. For me they sounded much thinner in the beginning and the kept on changing up to 200 hours. But the biggest changes came after changing the stock cable to a high end aftermarket cable (Norne Einvaldi).
Same with the Susvara w/WireWorld Nano-Eclipse.
I wasn't too thrilled with then initially compared to my HE1KV2 due to them having a thin sounding mid range as well as sounding thin overall.
After +/- only 50hrs they're really sounding much, much fuller & warmer, so far, and are extremely enjoyable to say the least.

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #268 of 5,189

My experience with HE1000se and many other headphones is that burn in (break in) affect all frequencies more or less equal. The bass for example is kind of lean and lacking punch and good definition at the same time as it is flabby and all over the place. Without proper burn in the overall sound is congested and doesn’t have a natural tone and many many other issues.

A High End aftermarket cable will improve the sound of any HP and the more resolving and transparent the HP and you audio system is the more obvious it is. I haven’t decided witch aftermarket cable am going to get yet. I will probably wait until my HE1000se is properly burned in before I decide.

Anyway after 50 hours the sound from my HE1000se is still a bit congested, especially then playing dynamic or complex music. The musicians are also less in my head and more in front of me than at around 40 hour, so if the burn in process goes on at this rate at can be a hell of a HP at 200 hour, or at least I hope that :relaxed:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back